f i f t e e n

(Edited 09/26/2020)

I woke up the next day, my thoughts all jumbled. I jerk my hand toward my face. I close my eyes and rub them.  A small part of me wished I was waking up in my old room in my house, but I'm here now. I'm still in the same pastel room I was yesterday. I stand to my feet, my glancing down at my feet as I feel the soft cream-colored carpet beneath my toes.

I walk around the room, examining all the little toys and trinkets scatted around. I notice a bookshelf and walk toward it. all the books are for children, probably under the age of five. I see a window, with lilac curtains and look out it, all I can see for miles is trees and mountains.

The door opens again and I jump slightly, turning toward Harry.

"Do you like the room?" He smiles and gestures with his arms.

I nod softly, my gaze meeting his.

"What's wrong?" He questions, his voice coming out softly as he moves closer to me.

I watch as he raises his hand, pushing a bit of my hair behind my ear, then running his thumb over my cheek. I flinch slightly, turning away from him, but he gently grabs my chin, forcing me to look at him.

I look at him, our eyes meeting for a split-second before I close mine. When I open my eyes, Harry's eyes lock with mine again, full of an emotion that I can't pinpoint.

"It just feels weird being away from home." I whisper, knowing he can hear me due to our closeness. He sighs, running his finger's through his wavy, loss curls.

He nods his head, acknowledging my statement.

"I know it may be hard doll, but it's okay to be away from your family for a while." He says, reassuring me.

"Do you think they hate me?" I mumble, thinking out loud suddenly.

"I think they're probably frustrated and concerned." He replies and now I nod.

I bet they are concerned, but it didn't feel right being in that house. They always treated me like a baby and wanted to "protect" me from everything, but to me, they were just controlling. They liked having control over me, because they didn't have their own children. Because they couldn't. I shouldn't have had to taken the fall, just because my aunt couldn't have children.