s e v e n t e e n

(Edited: 09/26/2020)

I don't know why I decided to stay, other than my feelings for harry. something draws me to him that seems almost unnatural. I've always had a connection with him, At first i thought it was all in my head, but previous events have changed my mind. I must say, the idea of being here, completely alone with him was a bit anxiety filled at first, But at this point, I enjoy his company more than anything. I just don't want to embarrass myself in front of him. In a way I feel like I've got to prove myself.

It's only been a few weeks but I feel like I've gotten closer to him. He's so carefree when it's just the two of us. He does leave me here alone some days, but I don't mind, as this is a pretty decent house.

I've yet to ask him about 'my room' and why it's decorated for a child, but I just haven't found a way to bring it up to him yet. Maybe he has a younger sister or a niece? Who knows.

*********

Somethings been on my mind lately, Though i do enjoy being here, i wonder why no one's contacted me. Does my family even care that I'm here? Or maybe they just don't know what to say to me?

I haven't had any contact with anyone since i arrived here, my phone doesn't seem to have service anyone, which really sucks. I think my aunt and uncle cut my phone of when I left. I'm sure by now they've assumed I'm with Harry. Where else would I have gone? It's not like I've got any real friends to turn to.

*******

"Hey harry?" I speak softly as he sits across the table from myself as i pick at my food.

"Yeah, Love?" he speaks with such admiration in his voice that i almost forget what i am going to say.

"Uh, I was wonder if you've heard from my uncle or maybe even my aunt?..." my voice trails off toward the end of what I'm saying, my confidence fading.

His eyebrows furrow together as the words leave my mouth, Concern washing over his face.

"I haven't.." he replied, defeat evident in his voice, "I think maybe they're just upset with us, I don't blame them." He says, his eyes meeting mine as he picks at his own food now, pushing it around with his fork.

"Oh." I say simply, my gaze shifting to my lap.

"I'm sure it's okay doll, they'll come around." He replies, assuring me, "I'd be upset if I was in there position, but you've got to understand that they love you." He smiles in an attempt to cheer me up. 

"I hope they still do." I breathe out, tucking a bit of my chocolate colored hair behind my ear.

"I'm sure they do, honey. You know they care for you."

He's right, my aunt and uncle have always been there for me, even if they're overbearing and overprotective most of the time. They took me in when I had no one else. They cared for me and loved me.

I just hope they still do.

Harry stands up from the table after a few minutes, collecting his own plate and reaching over for mine.

"Help me with the dishes?" He questions and I nod.

I know it may sound silly, but I like doing things with Harry, even if it's something as simple as doing the dishes, or cleaning up the living room.

I genuinely enjoy his presence, and I'm glad to finally be able to be close to him without fear of judgment or recuperations.

After we finished the cleaning the dishes, Harry begins to make his way to the staircase.

"I've got to get some work done up here,
Okay doll?" Harry says, looking at me from across the living room.

"Okay, could I watch tv down here?" I question and he quickly nods.

"Of course," he smiles, "I'll be up here working for a bit, I do need to focus though, so I'd like some space if that's okay." He says, his voice holding a genuine tone.

I nod my head and plop down on the couch, flicking on the tv as he walks up the stairs, heading to what I assume would be his office.

I find myself flipping through the channels but can't seem to find anything to watch.

I begin to feel tired and I yawn, pulling a blanket that was on the couch over myself.

A few minutes pass and I find my eyes shifting closed as my sleep takes over.

********

I suddenly jump away, feeling pressure on my body. I open my eyes and find Harry standing over me.

"Hey, you were pretty sleepy, huh?" He whispers, pulling me into his arms.

I don't protest and instead wrap my legs around his waist.

"Let's get you to sleep." He whispers into my hair, carrying me into what I can only assume is 'my room', you know, the one decorated for a child.

I peek open and my suspicions are confirmed. I'm in the room with the pastel walls and the children's toys. I don't mind though, this bed is comfy and the atmosphere in here is calming.

I feel Harry lay me into the bed, pulling the plush blanket over my body.

"Get some rest, Love." I hear him whisper because I drift back to sleep.