t w e n t y - s e v e n

Authors note: this chapter contains some back story that contains some possibly triggering things, such as drug abuse, alcohol abuse, self harm, sexual abuse, and possibly other things. Please prepare yourself before reading, incase any of these topics could possibly trigger you.

*******

Grace

After spending last night hanging out with Bella and Louis, I'm glad to be with Harry again, I love hanging out with them, but it's a bit draining to be honest.

Bella and I slept in my room and Lou and Harry slept in the living room, which was a bit odd for me, considering I'm used to sleeping with Harry now.

I'm glad I had a decent birthday and got to spend it with nice people. It was a bit stressful to see my aunt again, but it wasn't the worst. At least I didn't have to interact with my uncle, he's more of an asshole than my aunt and I don't know if I could've handled that yet.

I will admit, I miss my family sometimes, but I'm just not ready to face them and be around them again.

I wonder how my mother is doing these days? It's been so long since I've seen her. She may not have been the best mom, but she's still my mom and I think about her sometimes.

I haven't seen her since I was about 15. That's when my aunt and uncle got custody of me, and I haven't seen her since.

My mother was a beautiful woman, but she fell into some not so beautiful things, drugs, alcohol, you name it, she tried it.

I don't hold any ill feelings towards her, I just wish she had gotten her life straight and I didn't have to leave.

We used to live in a small trailer, without air conditioning or heat, hardly ever had the fridge stocked with food, and it was quite messy unless I took it upon myself to clean up.

I know this sounds awful, but at the time, it was my normal and I didn't know any different.

Not a lot of people know about my past, maybe not even Harry. I've never told him about it before and I don't know if I want to. I don't want him to see me differently based upon my past. Everyone has a past, and not everyone's past is beautiful and happy.

I remember when I turned 13 and finally started going over to friend's houses, I realized it wasn't so normal to live in a beat down trailer and walk to school instead of being driven by your parents.

I created a facade for myself and pushed my past behind me, but it got harder as I aged and watch my fellow classmates get new things and live glorious lives, but I guess the grass isn't always greener.

When I was 14 years old, I feel into a deep depression. At this point, my mother was hardly home, and when she was, older men would file in and out of our trailer. They were there to use her and give her drugs, she would sell her body every night, just to get a fix of what she needed at the time.

Sometimes the men wouldn't only disappear into her room, but mine too. My body started to develop a bit earlier than most of my friends, so I guess that's why.

I would usually pretend to be a sleep and cry when they left, not sure what to do with myself. I felt dirty, disgusting, and used. At this point, I began to inflict harm on myself, until it got to the point where people started noticing, that's when Social services stepped in.

After a few months of them investigation my situation, I was placed with my aunt and uncle, and I never looked back. They provided for me, even spoiled me to be honest. They gave me all kinds of new things, clothes, electronics, fancy things for my room. It was a nice change of pace, but they never got me what I truly needed, therapy.

I changed after I moved in with them. I changed my appearance, my attitude, everything. I didn't want to look back and I didn't want to connect with the person I used to be, a naïve child who let everyone use me and step all over me.

After I first met Harry, when I was 16, I let my guard down and slowly became my shy self again, I was nervous around him, I was timid and quiet, rather than loud and obnoxious like I had let myself be for a while.

I had my eyes on Harry ever since I first came into contact with him, it was like the world stopped when I saw him. Just him and I in the room, and I'd never felt that way before, especially about a man.

I was scared of men, and to be honest, I still am. That's why I was so nervous when Harry brought me out here, the house is a bit secluded from the rest of the city, a few miles out at least. I'm not bothered by it now, but at first I was terrified.

I suppressed this part of my life for quite a while, but it's getting harder day by day to not think about my past.

*****

"Hey love?" Harry speaks as he walks into my room, which I've been in most of the day since Bella and Lou left.

I snap myself out of my thoughts for a moment, connecting eyes with him before letting a hum out.

"Oh doll, you don't look so good today, what's gotten into you?" He says, concern evident in his soft voice.

I think for a second before responding, choosing my words carefully.

"I think I'm okay." I speak softly, my voice coming out barely above a whisper.

"Are you sure sweetheart? You can be honest with me." Harry moves closer, brushing his calloused fingers across my cheek.

I feel tears rush from my eyes, my memories becoming too much for me to handle.

He pulls me into his lap, stroking my hair as his whispers sweet nothings into my ear, coaxing me back to calmness.

After what seems like hours of crying into his chest, Harry finally breaks the silence.

"What's gotten into you, baby?"