s e v e n

Grace

Weeks have passed since I've seen harry, Ever since that night at my house he's been really distant. When I've gotten the chance to see him in person he won't even look at me. I feel like I've lost him. It's like one day he was all mine and the next he wanted nothing to do with me.

As I get ready for church, anxiety falls over me. What if he never talks to me? what if messed up some how. This is all my fault. I hope everything will be okay.

********

When we arrive to the chapel, I hide behind people, not wanting to be seen by the man with the lovely curly hair and forest green eyes. As everyone makes their way to a pew I do the same, sitting alone in the back. There isn't many people here today. I look around, not seeing harry anywhere, I let out a sigh of relief. Just as I think I'm safe, a mop of curls sits  beside me, flashing a smirk in my direction. My stomach drops as I take his apearance in. He's wearing a back t shirt with a red flannel overlapping it and black skinny jeans. He looks so causal compared to everyone else. As the Preacher enters the room, everyone quiets down, standing to their feet. As I stand, I glance up at Harry, towering over me. He looks over at me, catching my eye for a moment before turing toward the front. This is going to be a long service.

**********

"...In God's name, Amen" As soon the Preacher finishes his prayer, I'm out the door. Just when I think I've escaped I feel a hand on my arm and I look up, only to be met with Harry's green eyes.

"Can we talk?"

He leads me outside, where no one else is and runs his fingers though his hair before he begins speaking.

"I'm sorry I haven't been around much. I just.. I've been dealing with a lot and I didn't want to drag you into it." He says, his eyes locked on me.

My eyes fall down to the ground momentarily. "So you're not angry or upset with me?" I question.

He gently lifts my chin, locking eyes with me again. "I could never be." He slowly pulls his hand away, a smirk plastered over his face.

"And, always look at me when you talk to me, It's disrespectful to Daddy."