Chapter 83 - More mysteries

Start from the beginning

Sebastian is laughing at my attitude, in nothing resembling his worry towards me of earlier as he gets to know I'm fine now. Then, I get my socks and sit on the bed to wear them, followed by my College's trainers. I'm almost ready. The tie I can dress in the car, as it isn't complicated to do the knot.

Sebastian is observing me as a predator does with his prey. None of my movements pass unnoticed to him. I tie my long ash-blond hair in a bun, as I don't have the time to brush it. Then, I turn to him and gesticulate, opening my arms, indicating that I'm ready to go.

Khawla: Ta-da!

Sebastian nods, stands up from the edge of the bed, walks till the hallway, gets his material and mine, and opens the door to me go before him.

***

Sebastian is driving us to the College, but his curiosity is gaining him. He still wants to know what has happened to me while he was showering.

Sebastian: I'm pretty sure you were in a trance earlier, little fairy. Would you like to talk about this?

I'm still tying my tie when I was gotten by surprise by his question. Well, not so much a surprise, as he is a scholar and researcher and, for sure, he would like to know what has happened to his dearest druidess, a mythological, legendary, and folklore creature.

I tease him, trying to disguise what I'm unable to understand. Reading memories? Having visions? Definitely, they are not part of my usual range of known druids' abilities.

Khawla: Maybe another K.O. in sex to you, Mr. Big Bad Wolf.

Sebastian opens a cocky smile, feeling proud of himself; however, he isn't easily fooled. He knows that it was not what has happened this time. That wasn't him that has put me irresponsive.

Sebastian: I wish it were me this time again, little fairy, but I know that's far from the truth.

I get a last glance at the mirror to ensure my tie is in the right place before answering him. I shrug in response, as it was nothing important or that deserves any special attention.

Khawla: Perhaps I was in my REM sleep.

Well, it isn't a lie at all. In your REM sleep, it is when you have dreams, and it is when it's harder to wake up. A plausible explanation for what has happened to me earlier this morning. But I'm not going to tell him about what I was dreaming of yet, just yet. First, I have to know who this lady is, why she has appeared in my dream, and what she wants from me.

Sebastian nods and repeats my very words to himself to memorize them, as he always does. I think he is pondering about my answer, checking if it makes any sense or not or if I'm hiding things from him.

I let out a long tired sigh.

"Oh well, my beloved Professor, there are so many things that I'm hiding from you!"

We go the rest of the way in silence. Sebastian is thinking about my words. I'm immersed in my thoughts, trying to figure out all these things. It's the second vision that I have in a short period. First, it was Viktor Bartholy, my grandma, and the teenager Lorie. Now, this almost ethereal woman.

"What messages my subconscious is trying to send to me?"

Sebastian parks his orange 4x4 off-road car on the University's parking lot. As we arrive early, no one is around to gossip about the Professor of Myths & Legends, giving a ride to one of his students. He gets my material to handover it to me, then he winks and heads to the teachers' room, and I go to the cafeteria to grab my morning black booster. Only coffee to make my brain works properly and find any sense in all these riddles, puzzles, and mysteries.