Chapter 91 - Hypnosis

Khawla: No way! It's out of the question!

I say so, standing up, and thrashing my hands in the air, letting very clear my position. I'm exasperated.

"How dare he proposes me such a thing?!"

Nicolae is dumbfounded by my vicious reaction. Although I have read about it in the book about new vampires and its efficiency in the baby steps of a transformed person, it is out of any possibility that I would give my mind to the dangerous bloodthirsty creature that's in front of me. I don't want him to read my memories or my thoughts. I have hard work enough, keeping him out of my brain.

Nicolae argues back, trying to convince me that it's the best and only option on the table at this very moment.

Nicolae: Why? Hypnosis is a proven efficient method that many doctors and psychologists use in the treatment of their patients.

Khawla: Nicolae, you AREN'T a doctor or a psychologist. And they don't have the ability to read minds either. No! Thanks! I pass!

Nicolae is an engineer and a businessman, areas of knowledge utterly different from the biological and humanities. Although he could be a psychologist, indeed, as he knows too much about the human soul and its mechanisms.

I'm still with all my shields up and thrashing my hands in the air, showing that my decision is taken, and nothing that he says would make me change my mind. I'm not that crazy to invite a vampire in.

Nicolae opens a warming and welcoming smile. Now, he understands why I'm so reluctant to accept his offer. He assumes his paternal side, and his voice tries to pass me some comfort and reassurance that his intentions are the best for me.

Nicolae: You have my word that I won't try to read your mind, my child.

I hesitate as I'm desperate in need of controlling my abilities, and this method may work, as I have read it in the book written by his Father. I sit again beside him. I'm pondering about his proposal if I must trust him or not.

"Hmmm... Nicolae is a gentleman and always honor his oaths. Contrary to Viktor Bartholy, that old fox. Hmmm..."

Nicolae insists, as the matter is serious and may represent a life risk to me. It requires prompt action to avoid disastrous consequences, like the Descendants of Templar finding out my true nature and trying to neutralize me.

Nicolae: Khawla, do you want me to swear on the Bible to you believe that I won't try to read your mind? Because when a man vowed a vow unto the Lord, or swear an oath to bind his soul with a bond, he shall not break his word; he shall do according to all that proceeded out of his mouth. (1)

I know how Nicolae is religious, that an oath on the Sacred Book is valorous to him, and that he would do whatever to keep his formal promise made before God.

He insists as I'm still hesitant, and we don't have time to waste. The clock is ticking against me.

Nicolae: You can't lose your control over your abilities with the Descendants of Templar around. You are at risk, my child.

I let out a defeated sigh. Yes. Nicolae is right, as always. And it's so annoying!

Khawla: Okay... okay... I don't think I have another option... But swear on the Bible, Nicolae. I want to be sure you won't try to enter into my mind.

Nicolae nods, agreeing with my imposition, mainly because it was his suggestion to make up my mind to accept his proposal.

Nicolae: Sure. You'll feel better after the hypnosis, Khawla. Believe me. And your powers will be under control as well. Please, wait for me here while I bring the Bible and another thing for the hypnosis session.