Chapter 100 - Sebastian's P.O.V. - Part 02

After drinking the tea, Khawla scurries to the extreme edge of the sofa, far from me. She brings her knees to her chest, laying her head on them and hugging her legs like in a fetal position. She has a painning expression on her face, she's hurt, and her spirits are low, even she's still being high.

I heave a sad sigh and head to the kitchen to get some ice, or her cheek will be bruised by tomorrow, and, contrary to all of the other marks, this mark wouldn't be one that I'm proud of. I've never thought I could beat a woman out of the sexual context, and I feel miserable because of that. However, Khawla had crossed all the lines. She has this fine talent of getting into my nerves in a way no one has ever gotten before.

Okay, it doesn't justify what I did, and I hate myself for being such an asshole.

I get a handkerchief, put some ice cubes on it, and close it with a knot. Then, I go back to the living room, sitting next to her.

Khawla is still wary of me, and I can't blame her. She glances at me, not wanting to make eye contact. It's evident that she doesn't appreciate my company right now, and it pains me to the core.

Khawla: What do you want? Leave me alone, please.

Khawla asks me quietly, looking back at the TV.

Sebastian: Let me see your cheek.

I use the softest tone of voice I could, trying hard to control the range of emotions that are clouding my mind and heart – anger, disappointment, self-loathe, uncertainty, helplessness, hopelessness, love, worry, heart-broken, to name a few.

Khawla hesitates for a moment to obey my command but comply. I can see that she's a little bit afraid of me now, and it shatters my heart into million pieces. It makes me feel like I'm a monster, and all memories of my past mistakes flood into my mind.

I should never start dating her in the first place. My past haunts me because I have blood in my hands. I shouldn't have allowed and dragged Khawla into my miserable life. It was a huge mistake that I'm starting to regret. I'm cursed to be a lone wolf forever, so why did I let her win over my heart?

I pinch her chin and turn her face to the side to have a better look at the damage. Her cheek is red and swollen as well. I press the ice against where I've slapped her, and she flinches a little because of the pain and cold. Khawla keeps her eyes cast down, not facing me. She's upset for being slapped, and I can't blame her.

I keep pressing the ice softly on her cheek for a while in a heavy silence. If a paper leaf falls down, it could be heard. After a while, when the ice cubes start melting, I remove the handkerchief and walk back to the kitchen, to prepare another cup of the tranquilizer tea, with an extra-strong dose in a try to wear off the effects of the Ecstasy the fastest I can to allow her body to recover. With the drugs in her system, her healing abilities are dormant, and I'm still worried to the bones about the toll it would take on my druidess' health.

I come back to the living room, sit beside her once more, and handover the tea to her to drink.

Sebastian: Drink it.

Khawla prompt obeys me, afraid of receiving another hit. I frown at her scared kitten behavior. I don't like to see her like this. It isn't the bad girl and bold druidess that I admire in secret. She drives me insane, it's true, but I'm proud that she always stands to herself.

Khawla finishes drinking all the content of the mug and gives it back to me. I put it on the coffee table and ask gently.

Sebastian: Lay your head on my lap, little fairy.