Chapter 13 - The Car Crash and Sebastian's Scold

My alarm clock is ringing informing me it's time to get up. I force myself to go to the bathroom to take my shower, dress the uniform, and go to Lorie's room. I'm completely moody today as usual in the mornings.

Khawla: Lorie, dear, time to get up!

I open the curtains to let the sunlight streams in. She sits in her bed and looks at me with sad eyes.

Lorie: Nicolae isn't here today.

Oh! Poor little thing! I try to reassure her.

Khawla: I know, sweetheart, he has meetings out of town. But he'll be back in two or three days. Don't worry.

Lorie: And who is going to take me to school and back?

Khawla: Me.

Lorie sulks and pouts.

Lorie: And who is going to play with me?

Khawla: Me!

She smiles Machiavelli.

Lorie: And why the wolf didn't come when you weren't here?

I raise an enquiring eyebrow. Where are the thoughts of this pest going? She's trying to make me lose my temper.

Khawla: A coincidence, I'm sure.

Lorie: Or maybe he knew you weren't here... Or he wasn't here...

Lorie smirks. I'm losing my patience that I already don't have early in the mornings. My tone of voice is a clear warning that I'm not into her games.

Khawla: Lorie, go to take your shower, or we'll be late!

She goes without adding more. I make her bed, and I'm organizing all that scary plush animals, but what Lorie told me intrigues me.

"Is that wolf really a werewolf? Is he stalking me? What does he want from me?"

I frown. Lorie finishes her shower, and I'm helping her with the uniform. She seems very happy in making me pensive.

I don't know anything about werewolves. I'm going to ask Sebastian today after our class. He's a Professor of Myths & Legends, and my question won't sound odd.

I start combing Lorie's long pink hair, and she doesn't lose the opportunity to tease me more. Her Machiavelli look and grin give me chills, and I know that what she's about to say will disturb me even more.

Lorie: Do you know that vampires and werewolves are enemies?

I sigh exasperatedly. I know she won't let me go and I have nowhere to run as I'm responsible for her when Nicolae isn't in Mystery Spell. What karma!

Khawla: Why?

Lorie: Territory dispute. Werewolves don't hunt were vampires hunt and vice-versa.

I stop combing her hair and take her backpack.

Khawla: Lorie, let's go. And stop this nonsense, please!

She shrugs and follows me to the dining room. I get my usual huge mug of coffee. I think I'll need a bucket of it to survive this day that started badly...

I'm driving Lorie to the school these days because I can't go by foot to the campus and arrive on time. Too bad! I think the overdose of sugar that I took during the weekend with Sarah will stay a little bit longer in my hips... I sigh. Lorie is still making me crazy with the werewolf story.