Chapter 105 - Khawla, the Housewife

After we eat our lunch, Sebastian heads to the living room, sits on the sofa, turns on the TV, and starts watching whatever is on the screen. Me, as my punishment, I have to do all the dishes. So, I grab the plates, cutlery, and pots and head to the sink to begin washing them.

I'm a complete disaster when it's come to do house chores. My grandmother used to do them, and we also had a maid that helped her part-time every day. My only obligation was my studies and to tidy my room. Okay, that my room looked like a war zone... No, better! Looked like I was losing a game of Jumanji!

I begin with the glasses we used to drink the fresh-squeezed orange juice that Sebastian has prepared along with the meal. So far, no broken dishes. Then, I get the glass pots where the food was served on the kitchen countertop. Cool, I was able to wash them without letting them fall. Now, I'm cleaning the silverware, although they aren't made of silver because Sebastian is a werewolf, and silver is the kryptonite of werewolves... I managed to wash them without any incident either.

Now, the last two pieces of dishes: the white porcelain plates we have eaten on. I grab one, start to scrub the sponge on it, and...

Clink!

The porcelain plate slides from my hand and falls inside the sink on the top of the other, and both are broken now.

"Fuck! Sebastian will kill me!"

I start shaking like a baby deer. My emotions are all over the place due to my depressed mood because of the drug's withdrawal, mixed with me being upset for being suspended and grounded, and thinking of what Sebastian will do with me now that I have broken his dishes.

I'm staring hopelessly at the two, now broken, white porcelain plates inside the sink, thinking that I'm doomed.

"R.I.P. Khawla..."

I'm so focused on the dreaded scene before my eyes that I didn't notice Sebastian approaching me. When he holds my upper arms with his big strong hands, I jump and scream, scared to the bones!

Khawla: AAAAAHHHHHH...!!!

Sebastian: Cool down, Khawla!

He commands.

I turn around to face him. Sebastian doesn't seem upset or angry, or is it my eyes that are deceiving me?

Khawla: Se... se... Sebastian... I... I... I'm... so... sorry. I... I... di... didn't do i... it... on pur...purpose.

I'm so nervous that I stutter like a scared kitten. For sure, Sebastian will torture me now with cruel touches for breaking his dishes. That he DID warn me not to break them, by the way...

Sebastian: Am I that scary?

Sebastian asks me, frowning his brows, not happy to see me so nervous. I shake my head from one side to another in a no, denying that he looks scary for me right now, but my gray-blue eyes betrayed me as horror is written all over them. He heaves an upset sigh.

Sebastian: I know it was an accident. I was observing you from the sofa, Khawla. I'll punish you when you break my dishes on purpose while throwing a fit. So, no need to be nervous right now.

I'm so anxious that I don't pay any attention to his very words. They seem to be said under the water. I can't understand what's he's saying, and I start to hyperventilate. It's the beginning of another panic attack.

"Damn Ecstasy!"

Sebastian grabs my up arms and shakes me lightly, trying to bring me back to reality from my messed up mind.