Chapter 46 - Nicolae's strange behavior

I shift back to my human form... I mean, my druidess form. Nicolae's eyes hold sadness that I've never seen before, and his voice displays all this pain.

Nicolae: Did he transform you?

I raise an enquiring eyebrow.

"What the heck is Nicolae talking about?"

Nicolae: Are you a werewolf now?

Now, I'm able to understand what he means. Does he think that, because I've shifted into a wolf, I'm a werewolf? Doesn't he know that druids can shift into any animal?

Khawla: No one transformed me, Nicolae. I can shift to whatever animal I want.

Nicolae: And why a wolf?

Khawla: Perhaps because my boyfriend is one. Good night, Nicolae.

I'm too tired to deal with Nicolae's strange behavior. I want to sleep to be fit for tomorrow after strong emotions of today: from being called at the Principal's office to discovering Sebastian's past. I begin to walk when, suddenly, Nicolae pushes me and pins me against a tree.

"What's wrong with him?"

I'm visibly surprised by his aggressive mood. Only a few centimeters are between our bodies. Nicolae's aura is darker and more threatening, and I can't help being wet, and excited. He has some influence over my poor hormones that I can't explain. He bends his face forwards, our breaths mix, his brown locks caress my forehead, his fierce blue eyes are icy cold and rooted in mines, I'm apprehensive. I don't know to what Nicolae is up to in this very moment.

Nicolae: You know Father is very close? I can feel his dark aura.

"Is his strange behavior because of Viktor? Which influence he has over the Bartholy's siblings?"

More hundreds of questions wander through my mind, and Nicolae's proximity disturbes me. He's scrutinizing me as a predator scrutinizes his prey. And his coldness is making me scared and soaked. My breath is becoming heavy and jerky in a mix of fear and excitement. A heat wave comes from my guts making my lower stomach contracts painfully. I'm trembling and troubled.

Nicolae assumes his vampire form: his eyes become red, and he's showing me his fangs. I open my eyes wide, and my mouth is ajar. I'm frightened to death! I fear for my life.

"Holy shit! Is he going to bite me? Oh, fuck!"

I try to impose a firm tone to my voice. I don't want him knowing that I'm afraid of him due to his weird behavior. I won't let him intimidates me. I'm glad that he can't read my mind.

Khawla: Nicolae, you can't bite me. Druids and vampires have an agreement.

Nicolae: And who told you that I'll bite you?

Khawla: So, why are you showing me your fangs, then?

Nicolae smiles devilishly at me, and I can guess that his intentions aren't noble or chivalrous in this very moment. He moves his head closer and whispers in my ear with a husky and intense voice, what makes me have goosebumps of excitement and fear.

Nicolae: There are much more things that I can do besides biting, Khawla.

Well, I'm not up to know about the other things Nicolae can do. I'm not that curious, in this exact moment, to know them, because I'm frighted to death in being so close to a dangerous vampire as he is.