Chapter 73 - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

Sebastian is driving me back to the manor. We are both happy and in light spirits after making love on his studying desk. I hope the old books have survived in being thrown on the floor unceremoniously to open space to our passion.

My werewolf is humming a song and tapping his fingers on the steering wheel in the same rhythm. I'm sure I know it, but I can't identify what music is being sung. I turn to him to ask, as I'm dying to know which song it is, and the curiosity always gets what is the best in me.

Khawla: I think I know this song.

Sebastian stops humming and glances at me with deep tenderness in his fierce amber eyes. Then, he opens a warm smile, and answers me in a playful tone of voice, getting his attention back to the streets of Mystery Spell.

Sebastian: Of course, you do. It's heavy metal.

"My wolf is absolutely right, if it's heavy metal, for sure I know it."

With these very words, Sebastian starts his CD player without taking his attention from the streets, as he is a careful and conscious driver, the opposite of me, while I'm behind the steering wheel because I love the adrenalin in my veins when I speed or race illegally. Soon, a song from Aerosmith takes over his car. I smile back at him, as this song tells too much about us at this very moment. We both start singing with Steven Tyler.

Sebastian & Khawla: "I could stay awake just to hear you breathing... Watch you smile while you are sleeping... While you're far away dreaming... I could spend my life in this sweet surrender... I could stay lost in this moment forever... Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure...! Don't want to close my eyes... I don't want to fall asleep... 'Cause I'd miss you, baby... And I don't want to miss a thing!" (1)

This song says so much about Sebastian, that keeps awake watching over my sleeping like he's my guardian. How many nights has he hugged me in his protective arms to soothe me and stayed awake to ensure I was okay, not crying anymore or having any other episode of a panic attack? And this song says so much about both of us too because we treasure every single minute we're together, sharing our passion for Myths & Legends, or making so much love.

In no time, we have arrived at the manor. What a pity! These minutes were so special and dearest to us. But we must leave the bubble we are in his orange 4x4 off-road car and go back to reality. I know he goes back to his researches, that, until now, he hasn't unveiled to me what's about, what epiphany he had. I have some quotations to do for the Bartholy's Commercial Center that is being built in the neighboring city. I'm also free tomorrow to train to the Ice Figure Skating competition, and still so much work accumulated at the office.

Sebastian leaves the car and comes to the passenger's side to open the door to me gallantry. Then, he stretches his hand to assist me in going down of his 4x4, in the same way a gentleman does. As soon as I'm on my feet, he shuts the door and corners me between the car and his perfect shredded body. He sets his hands beside my head, our breathes mix, and his dark black locks caress my forehead. His fierce amber eyes wander from my gray-blue ones to my lips, back to my eyes, then, back to my lips. Without saying a word, Sebastian seizes my mouth in a passionate kiss that I respond with much more passion.

I hope no one passes by and sees the scene, as it doesn't bode well, a Professor with his student, although Johnathan Nielson promised to protect us, after Nicolae has reminded him that the Bartholys have me in high esteem, and it wouldn't be good to his career as Principal to have any problem with me or Dr. Jones.

I can feel Sebastian's desire growing against my lower belly, and he steps back, gasping out in a husky voice while trying hard to control his basic instincts of a big bad wolf, ready to devour me.