Part 31 | You're Stronger Than You Think

Y/n's perspective :

It's mom. She's sobbing unconditionally. Not able to bare that anymore, I open the door and see her sitting on the floor and crying. I go and hug her, and pat her on the shoulder.

"Please, mumma... don't cry." I say, with tears flowing out of my eyes.

"I'm not able to see you like this." She says, weeping.

"It's okay mom. I'll be fine. Please don't worry about me." I say, assuring her with lies.

I wipe my tears and smile at her, so that she will think I'll be fine. And, yeah, I succeeded. She smiled back at me, believing that, I'm fine.

"Let me get you something to eat." She says and rushes to the kitchen.

She gets me my favourite food and sits beside me on the floor. She starts feeding me. The food tastes so tasteless. After finishing the meal, I lay my head on her lap. She starts brushing my hair.

"Jimin was so worried about you. He called me two to three times. He also... told me what happened yesterday." My mom says.

I look up at her with a questioning face.

"Yoongi told Jimin." She says.

The moment I hear the word 'Yoongi' my heart starts paining. It feels like a sharp needle is being poked into my heart. It's just a ting of pain. But, it still hurts bad.

"Honey, I want you to know something. I know how it feels when someone you love, doesn't love you back. But, that must not be the end of you. If you didn't get something you love, then believe me it's not meant for you. You will be getting something which is far more better than that. I know how sensitive you are. It's common to get hurt in these type of situations, but what's important is, how you'll react in these situations. And, I know you are strong. You remember? You used to tell me that I'm a strong woman. But, even I used to cry sometimes, whenever I remember your dad. But, then, you never ever cried. You are the one who always consoled me. You are stronger than me, my sweety. You're stronger than you think. You're Stronger than many people I've ever seen." My mom says, in an attempt to cheer me up.

She's a good ted ex talker. I'm not strong mumma. It's just.. I can't see you sad.. And, that's why I used to console you. I know, I'm bot strong. But.. I'll be strong. For you. For my mom.

I just pull her hands around my neck and nod at her. I close my eyes. She starts singing a lullaby, I slowly drift into sleep with teary eyes.

It's been 5 days since that incident. I didn't go to school since then. These 5 days weren't so easy. I didn't sleep at all. I rarely did after that day, I slept in my mom's lap. I rarely did. And, when I did, I ended up getting nightmares. My man of dreams became my man of nightamres.

Jimin wanted to visit me, but I didn't want him to see me in this condition. Finally, I decided to go back to school. I get ready and my mom drops me off at my school.

I walk into the school like everyday. I see primary students playing in the ground like everyday. I go to the hallway and find my locker. I open it and start taking my books. That's when I realise something. I forget my glasses. I forgot them in the car.

Why must my life suck like this? What do I even do without them now? My dark circles will be more visible. Shit!

"Y/n!!"

That's Jimin's voice.

I turn around to see him running towards me. He comes to me and hugs me very tight. I don't even move. I stand like a lifeless statue. Well, it's true though. I AM lifeless.