Part 22 | The Audition

Yoongi's perspective :

"Huh? Yeah. Everything's fine." I say.

Jimin stares at me for a while and then suddenly turns towards Y/n.

"Hey, I forgot to tell you. Jungkook wanted to talk to you." He says.

"Huh? Me? Why?" She asks him.

"I don't know. Go and see him once. He's in the dance hall." Jimin says.

She looks over to me and asks, "Yoongi.. do you mind if I..?"

"Huh? No. Go ahead." I say.

She leaves.

"What does this guy wants to talk about though?" I ask Jimin.

"He didn't call y/n." Jimin says.

"He didn't..? then why did you say like that to her?" I ask him.

"Uh, I want to talk to you Yoongi. It's about you and also y/n."

What? Why?

"Huh? What about me and her?"

"Firstly tell me, why you're so gloomy?"

"Huh?"

"Don't act. I don't have much time. Tell me soon. I know it's something related to y/n."

How does this boy know me so well?

"Well, now that you know, there's nothing to hide. I mean, I'm not trying to hide anything though. It's just.. today morning.."

"Yeah, I know what happened."

"Oh? She.. told you? What did she tell you?" I ask anxiously to know what she actually told him about me.

"Listen, she was so confused when you said that 'I like you' and you know how she freaks out when she gets confused."

"Oh no. So, you're telling me, she was worried?"

"Yes. She also told that you've been ignoring her for the past few days. So, she's super worried."

"Oh no. So.. did I mess up things?"

"Luckily.. you didn't."

"Huh? I didn't?"

"Yeah. I asked her what she's going to do if you really like her, she said, 'no idea'. But ultimately I got to know one thing, she doesn't want to lose you at any cost."

She.. doesn't want to.. lose me at any cost..?

"Wow. Really? She said that?" I ask him.

"Not exactly.. I said it actually, and she nodded."

"Aha... Okay."

"So, now, tell me, you started to like her?"

I slightly flinch at his question. I stare in the air.

"May be.. may be I do." I say.

Jimin breaks into a huge smile.

"Wow. So, my both best friends are going to be together!" He says in an excited tone.

"What-? Shut up idiot. She doesn't like me that way. And, I too don't want to grow my feelings towards her, because I'm afraid I might end up getting hurt."

"Yoongi, when you first met her.. did you realise you are going to fall for her? No right? Emotions keeps changing. The same happened with you and I strongly believe that hers will change too." He winks at me.