Part 6 | Popular

Y/n perspective :

Jimin looks stunned by hearing my sudden voice.

"Um, sure, we still have time for our class to start though."

"Good. Come with me."

I pull him and go to the terrace. People around us stare at us and start whispering to each other.

Jimin's really famous!

"Jimin, I.. don't know if I'm being stupid, or it's just my nature. But.. I feel insecured when Minji's around you. I mean, I'm not telling you to stay away from her. It's just.. I feel like things are falling apart. You're my first and only friend, and you're special to me. I can't lose you at any cost. I'm sorry if I'm overthinking or being selfish, but I.. I really miss you Jimin. Things are not the same from last week. I want everything to be normal, like before."

Jimin goes speechless. I can clearly see the regret in his eyes.

"Y/n, I'm.. so sorry. I just got excited that I made new friends. I didn't realize I'm hurting you in the process."

"No, no, don't apologize Jimin. Just come back to me. Just be the same Jimin like before. Just be my best friend again. That's enough."

"I'm sorry for hurting you."

We both hug. I'm extremely happy. We both head back to your classroom. Now that, we both are back again, we decide to spend some time together in the lunch period.

"Jiminie~ I really missed you."

"Haha, I missed you too!"

We're happily laughing and eating our lunch, until Minji arrived to our table.

"Hey Jimin." She came and sat beside him, acting like I don't exist.

Ugh! I hate her.

"Hey Minji. Whatsup?"

"I thought you were going to sit with us today." She says.

"Oh, I'm sorry. But, I want to sit with my best friend for today. I've missed eating with her."

She glares at me. I look at Jimin fondly and make a face such that I'm proud of him. Her expression gets more intense. She immediately waves that off and gives a fake smile.

"Oh! I see. No worries, Jimin. Have fun."

With that, she goes back to her table.

Good riddance.

"Jimin, you can't even imagine how happy I am now."

"Haha, that makes the two of us."

"Aww, I love my best friend." I pinch his cheeks, as I take a picture of us together.

"Hey, stop it!"

"Hahaha."

We spend the rest of the lunch together. Though people are staring at us, we happily laugh and eat, not caring about what people would think.

> That evening.

I have my Piano practice with Yoongi. Jimin already leaves to his dance class. I just sit in my classroom since there is some time left for the practice. The classroom door suddenly opens, and I see Jimin rushing in.

"Hey, Jimin. Whatsu-"

"What the heck is this y/n? I just can't believe you."

"Wh-what happened Jimin?"

"What happened? You're asking that to me now?"

"Jimin, I really don't know what you're talking about."