Jaden Yuki

A/n: This is a one-shot that I did on fanfic.net back in 2013

Jaden was smart when it came to actually dueling against people, but when it came to his classes he was as dumb as they came. Sleeping though lessons and failing all tests that came to him. He wasn't what you would call a star student. But that changed once due to a factor he never would have thought that would have any affect on him...He crushed on a girl who was on the same team as him. She was a year under him and he first fell for her when Chazz began to pick on her.

He couldn't believe that she was even being picked on. She had beautiful red and black hair, She had a very balanced deck from what he saw when Chazz dueled her and her voice was beyond cute for a girl. The only thing he didn't know what her name. It wasn't until the meeting for the sliefers happened that he found out that she was the new teacher for the sliefers daughter. Her name was Ira velta, which sounded very cool to him.

When it came to housing, he oddly had to be in the same room as her since he was the only one who didn't have a roommate. He didn't mind he was spoken to at the end and given strict orders from her father not to do anything to her. He promised he wouldn't and he left with Ira. He showed her where she's be for the rest of the time she was going to be there and he let her in first. She smiled thanking him before going in. She went in and she looked around before she looked to Jaden with a serious look.

"You're known as a real big slacker correct?" She asked

"Well...Everyone here in sleifer is known as slackers." He said shrugging

she shook her head and pulled him into the room closing the door.

"Stop messing around, you're giving them a reason to name us. So what if we aren't as smart as the others in the classroom or dueling to a point. We are still all just kids. You need to actually make an effort here Jaden." She said crossing her arms

"Hey, not my fault that the teacher is boring." He said with a grin

"Well, how about this, you and I make a bet. If you can stay awake and pass three big tests then you can sleep and do whatever you used to so you can fail again." She said getting closer to him

"What if I fail them?" He asked curiously

"You will have to tell me just what you think about me since you met me." She said with a smile "Do we have a deal Jaden?"

"Yeah, We have a deal."

They shook hands and they talked until their first day of class. She sat right next to him to keep an eye on him as she took notes and asked questions when needed. After 6 months she waited until late at night to talk to Jaden about what they had bet. When she went into their room she saw that he was asleep, so she woke him up and only got him pulling her close to him and him snuggling against her.

She blushed but smiled, she snuggled against him and kissed his cheek before falling asleep. When she woke up she saw that he was still asleep, she was about to get out of his bed but he pulled her back down and went on top of her.

"I still have the bet to finish with you Ira, I can't figure out why I feel what I do when I'm near you, but I've had this feeling that I can't shake off when ever I'm near you. So I asked my friends about it and I finally realize what I've been feeling for you." He said with a smile

"And what might that be Jaden Yuki?" She asked curiously

He smiled and he kissed her on the lips. "I love you Ira, I have since the day I met you. I'd apologize for last night, but I enjoy just lying down next to you...plus it didn't seem like you mind."

She kissed him back on the lips and smiled. He moved closer to her and kissed her more passionately as one of hands went to her hip.

"At least I didn't fail at this." He said with a smile