Ruki Mukami

The entire night Eve spent with all of the mukami brothers but the one that she was with. Her purple eyes held sadness in them as she was trying to sleep, but her mind couldn't stop thinking about what had happened that day, she didn't even see her boyfriend Ruki the entire night. It upset her so much, she had no idea why he would flake out on her-it was like he didn't love her. Knowing that she wasn't that important to Ruki, she covered herself with the blanket she had over her fully before she suffocated herself to death.

Her life felt like a waste...at least to her anyways. While she was sulking in her room, Kou and the others went to Ruki's room where he was reading his book silently. All of them looked at him grudgingly as he looked up from his book a few seconds later. "Why are you three looking at me like that for, did you three want something?"

"Seriously you must really be a jerk if you can't even remember what today is." Yuma said annoyed "Eve was right..."

"Yeah....she must be feeling a lot of pain right now." Azusa said with a nod of his head

"This just messed up. Look Ruki, all three of us have spent time with Eve today-while you haven't. And with the question you asked us, it's obvious you can't even remember something as simple as her birthday." Kou said seriously

Ruki shut his book as he sighed out."I see, so that's why you three look so disappointed in me. I can assure you that I haven't forgotten about her birthday. I merely wanted her to do as she pleased, obviously I shouldn't have done such a thing since she hasn't even thought about coming in here to talk to me about what has happened. Where is eve right now?"

"Eve is in her room, she went to bed since she was too depressed to do anything else." Kou said sadly

Ruki left out with a small box in his hand, he went to Eve's room. He knocked on the door calling her name three times only to not get any answer so he went into the room only to see that she had placed her blanket over her entire body. Ruki placed on one of the lamps in the room before he slipped her blanket from over her body. He saw that she was trying to kill herself and took her pillow from over her head.

When Eve couldn't feel her pillow on the top of her head she saw that it was because of Ruki being in her room, she averted her eyes as she hid her head under her arms not wanting to see or talk to him. Ruki rose an eyebrow at her. "You're really going to act like a child now Eve?"

She said nothing as she curled up in a ball on the bed. He sighed as he slipped his present between her arms and legs so she'd see it. When she saw the gift from Ruki she instantly stopped curling up and she sat up holding onto the gift. She opened the present she got from him only to see that it was a new set of paint brushes, her eyes lit up. She knew she needed new ones since her hobby of painting became something she did rather often.

She looked to Ruki who smiled a little at her. "I didn't forget your birthday, I was waiting for you to come to me. But you never did."

"Of course I didn't, the others were the ones that came to me-not the other way around...but...thank you Ruki. This makes me really happy."

"I'm glad to hear that Eve."

Eve stared down at the box for a moment, she was starting to feel guilty about what she was trying to do to herself. Ruki could tell that she was contemplating something and placed a hand on her arm. "What are you thinking about Eve?"

"I...I was trying to kill myself by suffocation...hadn't you done what you had I probably would have died."

"Why would you try to kill yourself Eve?"

"I..." She said before she teared up and started to sob out. "I thought you didn't love me, which is why you didn't spend time with me today. You didn't even eat dinner with everyone today...I felt like you wanted nothing to do with me... L-Like I was a burden to you."