(64.)

March 2020

Melo

I'm back on my bullshit. I guess some things really don't change. I'm sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but when I want pussy, I'm gonna get it. Doesn't matter who's giving it.

"You're just not gonna stop, are you?" Gelo shook his head.

"Not until I get what I want." I shrug.

"Which is an ass whooping that's well deserved, yes."

"No."

He rolls his eyes.

"When will you learn?" He asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I pop a grape into my mouth.

I go to eat another one but he smacks it out of my hand. I glare at him but he only glared back at me.

"You're fucking everything that moves, for what? What are you trying to prove Melo?"

"That I don't need a woman to keep me satisfied."

"That's a goddamn lie." He said. "There are ways to go about this."

"Such as?" I ask.

"Actually being involved with someone and treating them right."

I roll my eyes. "As if I need advice from you or Zo."

"Yet we're some of the most qualified people to tell you that shit, ain't we?"

"Zo has a whole kid with somebody who wants nothing but to control his life." I exclaim. "I don't want that."

"But you want to control someone else's life though, right? Because you think that's cool." He said.

I purse my lips and exhale through my nose. I often wonder what they gain from arguing with me. Is it closure? Ego? What?

"I never said anything about wanting to control anyone's life." I narrow my eyes at him.

"So what would you describe this entire Jordan situation as?" He asked.

"It's just a chase."

He rolls his eyes. "This is not that, at all."

"How are you telling me?" I ask.

"That's what it may seem like to you, but to her, it's stalking. You're deliberately going out of your way to sabotage her relationship and finding ways to get close to her when she doesn't want you there." He said. "You still wanna call that a chase?"

"I don't need this shit." I mumble.

"What shit? I know you're tired of me and Zo getting on your ass about this, and trust me we're tired too, but you have to stop this shit now Melo. Right now." He exclaims. "Nothing good is coming out of this."

"Pops always tells us to go after the things we want." I say. "How is this any different?"

"She's not an object Melo. She is a person. A person who is justified in feeling the way she feels about someone." He said. "From the looks of it, she hates you. Yet you can't seem to understand that. There is no light at the end of that tunnel bro. Just stop."