(39.)

Jordan

Halloween had come sooner than I expected. Kyra and Alissa were going to drag me to a party the football players were throwing this weekend. Because the team is good as fuck, they can party like rockstars.

As for today, Thursday, we were going to dress up and take pictures to post on Instagram. Alissa decided to be Wonder Woman and Kyra chose Cat Woman. Me, being an intellectual, chose Black Widow.

"Ma'am...I thought we agreed on DC." Alissa exclaimed.

"Marvel always takes the cake honey." I replied.

Both rolled their eyes, heading out the door. I locked up behind us, making my way to the elevator shortly after.

"Are you going to ditch us for Derek again?" Kyra asked.

I shrug. "Not entirely sure yet. We did kinda agree to be Winter Soldier and Black Widow together."

Alissa face palmed as Kyra shook her head.

"It's not common to see a black girl pull off the Black Widow costume." I pout.

"Same goes for Cat Woman and Wonder Woman. It's stressful out here." Kyra stressed.

"You guys look great." I give them a thumbs up. "Now can we enjoy this party without you two complaining?"

"Yes mom." Both replied.

I grin. Yes, we're going to a party on a Thursday night. But it isn't a regular Houseparty. It's a costume party that the chancellor is throwing on the Quad for students, faculty and staff. And the Quad is the best place to take pictures. Of course we weren't going to pass up this opportunity. The real partying will be this weekend though.

We make our way to the Quad, where the music is bumping and students are enjoying themselves. Free drinks and snacks. Everybody here was somebody they're not and it was pretty dope. The DJ was in the center of the Quad, blasting music for the students to sing and dance to.

"I most certainly do not regret choosing this school." I exclaim to myself. Everyone was having fun and that's all it was about.

Not many athletes were here, I'll tell you that much. It was mostly regulars.

"I lowkey feel like we're the only athletes here." Kyra exclaimed, looking around the Quad.

"Honestly." Alissa agreed.

"No we're not." I say, spotting an athlete from the track and field team. "See? There's one."

"Yeah, one." Kyra said.

I purse my lips.

"Let's go take those pictures." I suggest.

Both nod in agreement and we make our way to a good spot. We took separate photos first, then took group photos. After that, we just watched the students party and have fun.

"Can we go home now?" Alissa asked. "I have work to do."

Kyra agrees. I frown but nod.

"Can I just find Derek really quick?" I ask. Both suck their teeth. "It'll be quick, I swear."

They wave me off and I hurry away. They sure do know how to suck the fun out of everything.

I spot Derek, talking to a group of friends. His eyes brighten when he sees me.

"Heyyy." He exclaims, walking up to me. "There's my Black Widow."

We hug. It was short, but long enough for me to smell the beer reeking off of him. I refrain from making a face of disgust and smile instead.