(50.)

Jordan

"Level up, level up, level up, level up, level up
Level up, level up, level up, level up, level up
All this on me, so yummy, all this oh so yummy
You know you want this yummy, yummy all in your tummy
Level up, level up, level up, level up, level up
All this on me, so yummy, all this oh so yummy
You know you want this yummy, yummy all in your tummy"

Derek laughs and records me on his iPhone 11 as I dance around to Ciara's Level Up. I'm in a good mood because I passed my second Sociology Exam with a 98. The first exam I got a 90. This was well needed.

"Level the fuck up baby!!!" I yell at the camera.

I place the paper onto my desk and walk over to the bed. I crawl up Derek's side, laying my head on his shoulder. He rubs my back with his left hand as he navigates his phone with his right. He had the video on a loop; me acting crazy.

"You're literally too cute right here." He exclaims. "So excited because you got an awesome score on your exam."

"And I thought the quizzes were hard." I roll my eyes. "Not even close."

He chuckled, kissing my forehead. I have practice in a few hours, but I'm cramming in as much time with Derek before so. We have an away game this weekend and I am so ready for it.

"I have a feeling Sabrina Ionescu is going to put me on my ass, but I'm a survivor." I cringe. This will be my only time playing against her. "She's the Diana Taurasi of NCAA Women's Basketball."

"Okay, and?" He asked.

*Soulja Boy voice* AND?!?!

"And?" I say. "That's an ass whooping that I will not live down."

"Who are you again?" He said.

"Jordan Lopez." I say.

"Oh okay."

I furrow my brows. "I'm confused."

"You're the Jordan Lopez. The Freshman that scored 25 points in her first ever College Basketball game." He explained. "I'm sure Sabrina didn't do that."

Okay, he's making a valid point.

"She made a name for herself, now it's your turn to do so for yourself." He said. "Doesn't matter how good she is, you're just as good. Ass whooping or not, you're still my girl."

I blush and hide my face from him. He is such a charmer. I'll take his word for it though.

"You just boosted my confidence level to 110." I grin.

"What was it before that?" He asked.

"100."

He blinks at me and I giggle.

I gave him a 10 because he's just too cute.

*****

That same weekend, I found myself on the team bus headed to Matthew Knight Arena. The birthplace of an ass whooping that'll be hand delivered to me personally.

Soon after that, I find myself taking shots about an hour and a half before the start of the game. I had Boss Bitch by Doja Cat blasting through my Beats headphones.

Mmm
I ain't tryna
I ain't tryna
I ain't tryna

Yeah, ain't tryna be cool like you
Wobblin' around in your high heel shoes
I'm clumsy, made friends with the floor
Two for one, you know a bitch buy four
And two left feet, you know I always drop
First thing a girl did was a bop
I'm the whole damn cake and the cherry on top
Shook up the bottle, made a good girl pop