(24.)

Jordan

Each and every call that came through, went unanswered. I ignored calls from everyone, majority being Melo. Lord knows I don't wanna talk to him right now.

"You can't apologize for something you're not sorry for." -Melo

In other words, he's not sorry for slapping that girls ass. It's alright though, I fixed that shit.

Many would say I'm making a big deal out of nothing, but think about it: you're dating a boy. He's having a dispute with a girl. Alright, that's acceptable. But he slaps her ass because she pulls his hair. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he wanted to; so he did.

I wish I had the patience to sit there and further explain myself to him. But it's like everything I tried to say, just went through one ear and out the other. My gut was telling me all along, he's not ready for a relationship. But I was too blinded by his cuteness to notice.

I walked into the house, silent as a mouse. The only thing heard was the door closing. You couldn't even hear my footsteps.

But that's normal because I'm not heavy footed 🤷🏽‍♀️.

"Hey Jay." I heard.

I look toward the living room to see Brook.

"Hey." I mumble.

"What's the matter?" He asked.

Just when I was about to speak, my breath hitched. I could feel the lump growing in my throat and my chest tightening; the tears beginning to form at the brim of my brown/hazel eyes.

"Oh no. Jordan, don't." He said.

Then the tears came. I'm sad. I'm angry. A mixture of things.

"What happened?" He asked, standing up from his seat.

"I-I think me and M-Melo b-broke up." I hiccuped.

"Oh no. Jordan I'm so sorry to hear that." He said.

I shook my head, wiping away some tears.

"No, I don't need sympathy. I told myself I'd fight this, and I am." I say.

"I don't see how crying is 'fighting' this. But I'll let you do what you want." He said.

I roll my eyes.

"Okay I'm sorry. Honestly, I don't have much advice to give because I'm not in a relationship and I don't know how you young teenagers work." He said.

I laugh through my tears.

"It's fine Brook. I'll be fine. I just have to get over it." I say, heading to the stairs.

"Yeah, you do that." He said.

I shake my head, slightly chuckling. I walk up the stairs to my room. I drop my bag on the floor and lay down on my bed, sighing.

Maybe it just wasn't meant to be? 🤷🏽‍♀️

*****

I sat down in the cafeteria, not bothering to go out for lunch. The whole 11th and 12th grade dipped, ain't nobody tryna sit in this dusty lunchroom eating this nasty food.

But I was probably 1 of 6 Juniors/Seniors still sitting in here eating school food. I wasn't exactly eating, I was just sitting here. Minding my business on my phone.

5 minutes had went by and I was still sitting here. No intention on moving. That is until my thoughts were abruptly interrupted.

"Move!" I heard.

Not today Satan. Not today.

"I know you heard me. Get out of our seat!" They repeat.

"Your name isn't on it though." I reply.

"But we've been sitting here since day one. Now get up and move." They say.

I stood up, finally looking at the person. It was April and her troll Anna.

Before I could say anything, I saw Melo joining the pack. My stomach churned at the sight of him. I just kept quiet.

"Um...what happened?" He asked, having no clue what just took place.

"Strawberry Shortcake got up like she was about to do something, but flunked out once she saw you." April teased, smirking.

He then looked at me. I walked away from them before they could say something else. On my way out of the lunchroom, Melo caught up to me.

"Jordan." He said.

I kept walking.

"Jordan." He repeated.

I continued to ignore him.

"Jordan Gabrielle Lopez." He said.

I stopped in my tracks, turning to face him. He stepped closer to me as I stood there choking up on tears.

"Don't ever say that again." I mumble.

"Alright, I'm sorry. But you weren't listening to me." He said.

"I have nothing to say to you." I say.

"Well I do." He said.

"Now you do. But yesterday, the only thing you could say was 'I can't apologize for something I'm not sorry for'. How do you expect me to feel?" I say.

He looked down, to avoid looking at me.

"Melo, I felt like complete shit. Like I wasted time on us. I could've just stayed single for all I know." I say.

He shook his head.

"I wasn't going to let that happen. I can't let you slip away from me like that. I'm sorry." He said.

"Well it's too late. I'm already gone." I say.

I then started walking away again.

"You're still my girl though." He said.

I continued to walk away.

*****

A week later...

Girls Basketball tryouts are underway. I am more than excited to tryout. And when the season comes, it'll be exceptional. It's just been so long since I've been in an actual game. Playing with 4 other people on my team.

"Hey!" I heard.

I turned to see Kamira.

"Oh hey." I say.

"I got some news." She said.

"Give it to me." I say.

"Well, I made the cheerleading squad!" She said.

"Really? That's so awesome." I say.

"I know right? I'll be cheerleading at every basketball game, boys and girls." She said.

"So I guess I'll see you on the court then." I say.

"Yes ma'am. I'm just so excited." She said, jumping around.

"I see." I say, chuckling.

"Goooooo Huskies!" She exclaims.

I shake my head. Before I could say another word, Melo was walking toward us. When I thought he was coming for me, he ended up grabbing Kamira.

Um...

"What?" She said.

He mumbled something to her. She sighed and looked at me.

"I have to go. I'll see you later." She said.

I nod. She runs off elsewhere, leaving me and Melo alone. He turned to face me. He was about to say something, but I stopped him.

"I have basketball tryouts." I mumble.

"Come to my house after." He said.

I gave him a weird look, that kinda said 'no'. He ignored it as he walked into the gym.

Who tf is he?