(40.)

Jordan

Practice was great, per usual. Running suicides if a layup was missed was the best part about it. Coach Mark is serious about getting wins this season and we're here to deliver it. Even if that means running suicides til our lungs collapse.

"Why did I agree to this lifestyle?" Kyra exclaims, collapsing onto the couch when we got back home from practice. "Those suicides are going to kill me."

"Right!" Alissa agreed.

I chuckle, closing the door and walking to my room. We all have three separate rooms, with our own bathrooms. We also have a washer and dryer machine...that we have to share. And the kitchen of course. With a nice living room.

I close my room door and collapse onto my bed, groaning into the pillows. Coach had us working...hard. I lay there for a while, before checking the time on my phone. It's currently 6:00. The players party starts at 9. But everyone knows you're not supposed to show up to the function until about an hour and a half later. At least that's what Brook told me.

You'd think he'd be the one to tell me no partying. Instead, he was encouraging me to. Robin though...he thought otherwise.

I plug up my phone and step out of my clothes, slipping on a pair of Basketball shorts to compliment my sports bra. I was going to catch a quick nap before going out. Being a student athlete is draining.

Hours later, I woke up to the sound of harsh knocking on my room door. I groan in protest.

"Jordan, wake up! It's 10:45!" Alissa exclaimed from the other side.

I yawn and sit up, making my way to the door. I open it to reveal Alissa fully dressed.

"Are you going to the party or not?" She asked.

"Yeah. Just...give me like 45 minutes." I rub my eyes.

She groans, walking away from the door. I close it back, making my way to the bathroom attached to my room. I take a shower and brush my teeth, then head out to get dressed. I decide on a black spaghetti strap crop top and dark gray high waisted shorts. I decided to wear my Air Jordan Retro 11's.

To avoid bothering with this curly mess on my head, I pull it up into a lazy bun. I grab my dark gray jean jacket and my small shoulder bag. Sticking my keys and phone into the bag, I check myself in the body length mirror before heading out to the living room.

"I'm ready." I say.

"Awesome!" Kyra exclaims, grabbing her keys off the counter. "I'm driving."

Alissa and I follow behind her, locking the door. I was just ready to see what my first real college party would be like.

I was not disappointed at all. The living space of the apartment was full of people. Dancing and Singing along to the music. Some were drunk, or tipsy, and others weren't.

"You girls made it!" Johnny Williams exclaimed drunkly. He's the Defensive Back. "There are drinks in the kitchen. Enjoy yourselves!"

He continued to make his way around the crowd, singing loud and off beat with his teammates.

"If I knew any better, I'd say he's toasted!" Alissa yelled over the loud music.

Kyra and I nod. It wasn't long before the three of us made our way into the kitchen for a drink.

"Hey ladies." Cameron Reed exclaimed. He's the Quarterback. "What can I get you?"

"Doesn't matter." Alissa exclaimed in a flirty tone, twirling a strand of hair around her finger.