(6.)

Melo

Gelo decided to drive Jordan home after the cookout. Solely because of the purpose of me not being able to drive yet. I have my permit, I just need to work on getting my license.

The house was basically empty. The only people here was me, my parents, Lonzo, Denise, Kaliah and Izzy. You already know about Gelo.

I walked to the kitchen area, where everyone sat, talking. The second I walked in, all conversations paused as everyone looked at me.

"What?" I say.

"You're into her." Lonzo said.

"Who?" I say.

"Jordan. You're into Jordan." Denise said.

"That's not true." I say.

"Yeah alright Melo, keep telling yourself that. You like that girl and you know it." Kaliah said.

"We're just friends." I say.

"That's how all relationships start out sweetie." My mom said.

"I've only known her for a week." I say.

"People can catch feelings in less than that. It only takes one conversation to realize that." Denise said.

I just ignore everything they say.

"I don't like her like that. We're just friends." I say.

"Yeah okay." Lonzo said.

"Leave Melo alone. He should be more focused on making sure he keep those grades up and continue playing ball. Girls are a distraction." My dad said.

"Dad, my girlfriend is right here." Lonzo said, pointing out dads last comment.

"No offense to Denise and Isabella. But I want my youngest to stay focused on making sure he excels on the court and off. Lonzo already did his part. Now I just need Melo and Gelo to do the same." My dad said.

I grin.

"Thank you dad." I say.

He nods. The others roll their eyes and go back to doing what they were doing. I sit on the island stool and take out my phone. I go to my messages.

Me 🏀, 10:43PM
Did you get home yet?

I waited for Jordans response. When she replied, my mood lightened a bit.

Jay 😈, 10:46PM
Yeah, I just walked through the door.

Me 🏀, 10:46PM
Okay good, I just wanted to make sure.

Jay 😈, 10:47PM
That's sweet. I had fun today, btw. I thanked Gelo for inviting me, but I'm thanking you too.

Me 🏀, 10:47PM
You're welcome. But for what though?

Jay 😈, 10:48PM
For being my friend.

Me 🏀, 10:49PM
Oh. Yeah no problem. Just wanted you to enjoy your summer.

Jay 😈, 10:50PM
Well I am, really. Thanks again Melo.

Me 🏀, 10:50PM
No problem. Ima bout to shower though, so I'll talk to you later.

Jay 😈, 10:51PM
Okay, bye.