(22.)

Ya heard the new song yet? 👀. It's really fire 👌🔥.

Jordan

"Rise and shine sleepy heads! It is time for school." LaVar exclaimed, entering Melo's room.

I groaned, turning away from him, burying my face into Melo's neck.

"Aww, that's cute. But guess what? Wake ya asses up! It's time for school. One of ya better be in the bathroom in another 5 minutes. And I'm keeping count." He said.

He then left the room, leaving me and Melo grumpy. A couple seconds of silence would do us some great justice.

"You going first?" Melo asked, his voice deep and husky.

His morning voice ❤️.

I suck my teeth.

"I really don't want to." I say, groaning.

"Either you go or I go. We literally got another 3 minutes to figure it out before he come back in here. This time with the water hose." He said.

I sigh, sitting myself up. I mumbled a few incoherent things under my breath as I grabbed my duffel bag from his closet.

"I want my $20 at the table." Melo said, breaking me from my thoughts.

I flipped him the bird as I walked out the room, his laugh distancing as I walked to the bathroom.

*****

I sat at the island for breakfast, waiting for Melo's slow behind to come downstairs as well. LaVar had already handed me my plate by the time Melo reached the bottom step.

"Glad you could join us Melo." LaVar said.

Melo gave him a head nod, sitting down beside me. I handed him the $20 bill and he smirked, placing it in his pocket. LaVar handed him his plate, then went to go have a seat on the couch with his own food.

Before I knew it, we were just about done with our breakfast.

"Ready?" He said.

I nodded in response. He nodded back then headed upstairs. He came downstairs with our book bags and my duffel bag. I put my bag on my back and he carried my duffel bag for me.

We said goodbye to LaVar and Tina, then made our way to school.

"Do we have time to stop by my house to drop the bag off?" I ask, looking at my phone.

"Yeah." He said.

I nod, walking beside him as he was on his phone.

"Who ya talking to?" I ask, looking toward him.

"A friend of mine." He said.

"They go to the school?" I ask.

He nods.

I should've known. All his friends go to the school.

We continued the quick walk to my house, which is on the way to the school.

*****

Lunchtime came, and I couldn't be more excited. Today we get to go outside for lunch, meaning we don't have to eat this nasty school food for the rest of the year.

Thank you Jesus.

"What are we getting?" Melo asked.

I shrug.