(2.)

Jordan

School starts August 15th, being that some schools are different. In New York, we start school in September and end in June. In Cali, you start in August and end in May.

I really have to get used to this 😬.

Everything is different. Time. People. Everything.

The doorbell rung, and I was a little suspicious. No one was home. Just me and our cat, Suzu. I got up from the kitchen counter and walked to the front door.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I opened the door to reveal LaMelo. But he wasn't alone; he had some people with him, but they were at the curb.

"Hi." I say, squinting my eyes from the sun.

I was totally confused.

"Hey." He said.

"What's up?" I say.

"My family and I are going to Six Flags in a couple hours. We wanted to know if you'd like to come." He said.

"I have to ask my mom." I say.

"My dad asked her already. She said if it's okay with you, then sure." He explained.

"Oh. Okay then." I reply.

He nods. There was an awkward silence, before we both tried talking again.

"You first." He said.

"What time are we supposed to be leaving?" I ask.

"At about 3." He said.

"Okay." I say.

"So I'll see you soon. We'll pick you up at 2:45." He said.

"That's good." I say.

He nods.

"See you later then?" I say.

"Yup." He said.

"Okay." I say, smiling.

After that, I close the door. The more I look at him, the more attractive he gets. I sigh.

What is he doing to me?

*****

"So when did you start playing basketball?" Melo asked me, as I walked beside him through the amusement part.

"I started when I was 2 years old. My brothers were big on Basketball, so they taught me a couple of their moves. Before I knew it, I was knocking down 3's with my eyes closed." I say.

"Sounds like us." He said, referring to him and his older brothers.

I giggle.

"Pretty much." I say.

He nods.

"What about you?" I ask.

"Similar to you." He said.

"So you've been playing your whole life as well?" I ask.

"Yeah. My dad trained us from when we could walk. Now today, it shows. But I wanna be better than Zo and Gelo." He said.

"I wanna be better than my brothers too." I say.