(43.)

Jordan

I am super excited to see the guys back in action. After their tremendous off season pick ups, I was very eager to get to a game and I'm really looking forward to being there tonight.

I had finished tying my hair up into a bun and was on my way out the door. On the way out, I text Kyle about being there tonight. He replied back saying to tell him what section we'd be in and he'll come get me for warm ups.

When I get downstairs to Derek's car, I buckle up. He turns down the music so he can talk to me.

"Kyle Kuzma huh?" He teased, looking over at me.

I look down at my jersey and shrug. "He's my favorite."

"Is it because he's light skin?" He asked, pulling out of his spot.

"You're light skin and I like you." I tease back.

He side eyes me as I giggle.

"I don't count." He said.

"Really now?"

"I ain't mean it like that." He said, sucking his teeth and pushing me a bit. "You know what I mean."

I smirk and lean over the console to kiss his cheek.

"Yeah, I do." I sit back in my seat comfortably.

He reaches over the console and grabs my hand, lacing our fingers together. He kissed the back of my hand as he drove with his left.

*****

When we got to Staples, I text Kyle the information. Just as we got to our seats, which was in the lower bowl section of the arena, he came over to us. Derek stood there star struck as I hugged Kyle.

"Derek, this is Kyle. Kyle, this is my boyfriend Derek." I giggle at Derek's reaction.

He snapped out of his trance for Kyle to dap him up. Kyle placed his hands on his hips, looking at me curiously.

"What?" I ask.

"Your boyfriend, huh?" He said.

"Yeah."

"Damn Jay, you done grew up on me and shit." He exclaimed, giving me a once over.

I wave him off as he wipes his face with his practice shirt.

"So what happened with Melo?" He lowered his voice a little bit.

I shrug. "After that argument we had at his party, ain't heard from him. I don't want to hear from him, if we're being honest."

He folds his arms across his chest and stands with his legs apart for balance. He doesn't say anything, so I continue.

"Relationships aren't all sunshine and rainbows, you of all people know that Kuz." I say.

"I know. It's just...at one point you were crazy for Melo's dumbass. Now you're all grown up and shit." He said.

"Well, now I'm crazy for him." I nod my head toward Derek, who's occupied with whatever is happening on the court. There's literally no one here yet.

Kyle nods, looking over at Derek as well. He invites us down onto the court with him, playing the both of us in a game of one on one. Derek lost his game, but I won mine.

"Alright show off." Kyle exclaimed after I shot the game winning shot. "Out here looking like Steph Curry."

"I wish I could be on Steph's level of expertise." I reply, snagging my rebound.