(3.)

Jordan's room.

Jordan

I woke up the next morning to the smell of breakfast. It smelt great.

I took the covers off of me as I quickly headed down the stairs. I walked to the kitchen and sat at the counter.

"Good morning baby girl. How'd you sleep?" Mom asked.

"Pretty good." I reply.

"How was Six Flags yesterday?" She said, smiling as she placed a plate of food in front of me.

"It was fun." I respond, grinning.

"What's got you all excited today?" She said.

"Oh nothing. Just made a few new friends, that's all." I say, smiling.

"Sweetheart that's good." She said.

I continue to eat my food as she cleans up the kitchen.

"Well since that's such great news, I invited them over to dinner tonight. All of them." She said, cleaning the counter.

I drop my fork on the plate.

"Uh...?" I say.

"This is my peace offering to them. They were so nice to invite you to Six Flags with them." She said.

"Uh...great!" I say, semi-excited.

"Aren't you excited?" She said.

"Yeah, absolutely." I say, shrugging.

"Good. Now go get dressed so we can go food shopping. Your brother has only been here 2 days and he's already eating up all the food." She said.

I giggle. I finish up my food then head upstairs to get dressed.

*****

"You have enough pads?" Mom asked.

"Yup. Tons of overnight and ultra thin." I exclaim.

"Midol as well?" She asked.

"Yup." I say.

"Okay, that's good." She said.

We moved away from this isle, on the way to the meat section.

"What should we have tonight?" She asked.

"No idea, whatever your heart is telling you." I reply.

She nods. I followed behind her throughout the store as she continued to collect other ingredients.

After about 45 minutes, we were finally headed back home. I sighed in relief when we got back. I grabbed my basketball from the hall closet and walked out to the backyard.

I shot 3-pointers and layups. I stood on the stool and dunked the ball into the net. Since I can't reach it...yet.

After about an hour or so, I was headed back into the house.

"Jay, tomorrow we start our daily morning run and workout." My mom said, making a sandwich.

"Okay." I say.