Chapter 61

I hadn't cared about how I looked until now.

I was going bonkers thinking how I was doing so far. The lights were flashing on my eyes, the white walls were blinding me and for a second, I had forgotten how to stand straight. With the opaque helmet on my head and tight suit to accentuate my curves, I was doing what other men were asking me to.

I had been given a spare tyre in my hand to stand and pose according to the lights and the shadows that the photographers were behind. Thankful for the conditioning I had taken, it had become easy for me to hold and smile holding those heavy beasts without any difficulty.

It was an early photo shoot at five in the morning. I was happy that I had skipped jogging for the day, but was doomed when I learnt that I had to stand in the freezing cold with the costume that I was in. At least, jogging was never this torturous. 

I was frowning the entire time the photos were clicking, internally bad-mouthing almost everyone in the set for making me do this. But, I was happy that they had agreed to let me not expose my face. I couldn't have lived with my sleep deprived eyes on the front sheet of VS magazines.

Robert was being a sweetheart. He drove me to the photo studio with his new green convertible. Though the gesture seemed sweet, I knew that he had chosen to be my driver with that car only so that he could boast it all around to gain publicity for his talents. He had disappeared in the middle of the sessions and had come back an hour later.

Now, he slept on his car, cradling his knee on the door handle as he put his spare shirt on his face to avoid the light spoiling his slumber. But he made sure to keep an eye on me. Every once in a while he would make sure that I was just around the set, posing to the cameras.

"How about that angle?" Cole asked. His question was directed towards the photographer, but I knew internally he was making me pay.

He hadn't liked it when I said that I was not selling my face to his company. He kind of made it in his books that he was going to make me suffer for my actions. He had volunteered to stay back for my shoot, making sure that I saw hell in there once a while.

"Sure." The photographer said. "Let's take a five though. The girl's been there holding that tyre for almost half hour."

I sighed a sigh of relief. At least that guy had understood my plight. Just because I was holding up quite well, didn't mean that I was okay with the tyre lifts. The only reason I hadn't talked back here was because they had agreed to keep my face hidden.

Cole's face fell at the mention of a break. I guess he was only wishing to make his every penny worth with me. I rolled my eyes at him, sure that he couldn't see it. I kept the tyre aside and went to Robert who was slightly snoring.

I took off my helmet and pushed Robert's knee aside as I opened the door. Robert jerked for a second and then, removed his shirt away from his face, yawning as he made space for me to sit down.

"They are going to hell." I said as I slumped down on his leather seat. "They snatched away my beauty sleep, made me dress like this," I ran my hands down on my costume. "and they are also making me hold that damn tyre for so long. I mean, I hadn't even gone through such tough conditioning."

Robert put his hand around my shoulders and pulled me to him with a smile on his face. I rested my head on his shoulder, trying to forget the pains I had to endure.

"I can hear you agree that I'm a wonderful coach." Robert said, his inner meaning evident on his words. "Even if it is in your own words, I'll take it."

I pulled away to glare at him. He only smiled back sweetly. He pulled me to him again to go back to our original spot. "I'm liking this look on you though. This costume makes it easier to do this." He ran his hands from my hands to stomach and then it started moving upwards.