Chapter 48

It was the horrible English classes again and though I knew I could survive it, I had come to regret the amount of eyes that stared at me. Their expectations to deal with Brian crisis was high now and even if I spun my head, they would think that I was aiming a deathly hair whip.

I was glad to know that I had induced an aura of fear among the students who had watched the video, even though it was pulled down within an hour of upload. I was now treated like a celebrity who held an air of respect and esteem as I walked by. Some told me that I was brave at what I did while some just shunned away, scared that I might target them next.

I had been avoiding English classes ever since the incident, not knowing how my instant fan base would react if I was spotted.

But in all these times, I had spent with Brian, I knew he was not the one to endure humiliation and keep his quiet. He was the captain with huge reputation and pretty big ego to suffer mortification.

I had anticipated revenge and had even wasted my time in thinking all the possibilities. Given his status outside college with his influential lawyer parents, I didn't know if they had their share of hands in the racing field as well. Though Brian didn't know that I raced competitively, he knew I was friends with Robert. If he put good amount of his tiny brain on it, I was sure he could sum up and find me.

I had missed so many classes of English that I knew I had to attend it today to compensate for my losses.

The weird eyes of my fellow classmates followed me as I entered the class and took my usual seat at the back, ready to run out if necessary. Some of them even had their phones ready at my command.

I had reported to the teacher regarding my absence and she had only given me a handful of extra assignments for me to compete. I had done all her work to stay in her good books and had kept the assignment on her table just before I entered her class.

The buzz of the class dropped down immediately and I wondered what had happened. I raised my head to see what it was all about, just to see Brian zeroing in on me. I raised one eyebrow at him, crossing my arms, silently asking him if he was hungry for more punches that I was so good at. But unlike last time, his face broke into a small smirk.

His bronze hair was shining, and his eyes were polluted from the vengeance that he wanted to consume. His cloths were trendy, like he had just come out from a Vogue worthy photoshoot. The looks would have fooled me, if it wasn't for his face. The jaw had almost healed leaving behind a yellow footprint. He had cunningly covered it by leaving a prickly stubble behind.

"Look guys," He called out loud, clapping his hands in front of him for more effect. I had already started to see him as the popular, bullying kid that required constant attention from the psychiatry ward of our school. "The chicken finally made its way back."

There was mixed reaction from his fellow mates. Some laughed while some just waited for me to explode and do something like last time. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. If this was his tactics to get back at me, then I considered myself lucky. If I was in his place, then I had more terrific ideas to lead my doom.

I smiled back at him and looked forward. "If you're done, the teacher is here."

I could almost hear a snarl as his fists clenched. A second later, his anger had vanished and was replaced by a bright smile, as if he remembered something. He went to his chair, two seats away from me and sat down, waiting for the teacher's instructions.

Our teacher, Leila, as soon as she spotted me, her eye grew bigger. She muttered something under her breath and looked at me with her eyes hard.

"Miss Stone." She said in a singsong voice, laced with irritation and cynicism. "So glad to have you back in class."