Chapter 51

"Lily?" I asked, confused and happy at the same time. It was one of the newer combination of emotions that I didn't know I could feel. She turned towards her right with amusement dancing in her eyes. I followed her line of vision. "Nick? What are you guys doing here?"

I looked at Monica, who only rolled her eyes at me at my obvious questions and went ahead to serve other tables, leaving me to catch up with my friends. "Get a table guys, I know it's going to be a long talk."

I looked at Monica, my brows forming a small v, thinking if she was the one who set this up for me. But on the other hand, she didn't know that I was upset in the first place.

"Hi." I said, leading them to a corner table, the only one that was free. "Where's James?"

I pulled a chair and they followed me. Lily and Nick sat next to each other while I took a seat opposite to them. Looking at Nick so handsome and out of reach was getting a little better and I didn't want to launch at him every time I laid my eyes on him. I was making progress and I was proud. As I let another second pass by, checking his features out, Nick smiled at me.

"Football practices." He shrugged, dropping his lips down. He leaned forward to whisper something to me. I mimicked his actions and leaned forward, my ass still in mid-air. "I think he's seeing someone behind her back."

I giggled and took the seat, while Lily curled her fists and hit his head, earning a cry from him.

"He has to practice." She stressed. "He didn't become vice-captain overnight."

"How else can he bring those trophies if he's not practicing?" I asked, with my own smirk. I winked at Nick silently telling him that I was still in his team.

"You guys are sick, I tell you." Lily huffed, folding her hands together and looking away.

"Anyway, you guys want anything to eat?" I asked, holding my hands up and pointing to the kitchen. "I just got a few cookies out the oven few minutes back."

"Sure, I'll have one chocolate cookie while Lily will have two." Nick said, putting his hands over her shoulder. "What do you say? Better than the vice-captain huh?"

At this Lily laughed and pushed him away. "Shut up, but I'll take up the offer."

I shook my head with a chuckle. "I'll be right back."

With the next few minutes being spent on procuring of the cakes and cookies, I pondered over the fact of them knowing my location. Even if I was here I knew for sure that they wouldn't be here unless they had some work at this locality.

"How did you know I was here again?" I asked, taking a big bite from my cupcake. "I know I didn't message anyone telling that I was back."

"Robert told me." Nick was very proud. "He called me this morning and told me to meet you."

I pointed my cookie at him suspiciously. I knew Nick had a crush on him, but I didn't know that they were close enough to make calls and hangout.

"How do you have his number?" I asked.

At this, Nick blushed. It was very rare to find him blushing and I had to blink back to make sure that I wasn't falling into those soft red pools in his cheeks.

"He gave it to me the last time I met him." Nick ran his fingers over his soft locks. "He was so generous, you know. I didn't even ask him for his number."

"You are going off track, Nick." Lily rolled her eyes. "Ever since he's okay with your crush on him, there is no stopping you, is there?"

"What did he tell you?" I asked, more worried about the information he had let out about me.