27- Chock Full Of Ovaltine

(Season 5 x 23)

"On April 21st, 1967, the 100 millionth GM vehicle rolled off at the plant in Janesville. A blue two-door Caprice. There was a big ceremony, speeches. The lieutenant governor even showed up. Three days later, another car rolled off that same line. No one gave two craps about her. But they should have. Because this 1967 Chevrolet Impala would turn out to be the most important car, in-fact the most important object in pretty much the whole universe. "

"She was first owned by Sal Moriarty

"She was first owned by Sal Moriarty...an alcoholic with two ex-wives and three blocked arteries. On weekends, he'd drive around, giving Bibles to the poor. 'Getting folks right for Judgement Day' that's what he said. Sam and Dean don't know any of this. But if they did, I bet they'd smile. After Sal died, she ended up at Rainbow Motors a used-car lot in Lawrence, where a young Marine bought her on impulse. That is, after a little advice from a friend. I guess that's where this story begins. And here is where it ends."

Dean sees Sam leaning on the hood of the Impala, drinking a beer, as he walks over opening the cooler and taking a beer out.
"I'm in" Dean then says as he opens his beer.
"In with--?" Sam asks.
"The whole up-with-Satan thing. I'm onboard" Dean tells his brother.
"You're gonna let me say yes?" Sam asks.

"No, that's the thing. It's not on me to let you do anything. You're a grown—overgrown man. If this is what you want. I'll back your play" Dean says to him.
"That's the last thing I thought you'd ever say" Sam says.
"Might be. I'm not gonna lie to you, though. It goes against every fiber I got" Dean says, "I mean, the truth is...you know, watching out for you....it's kind of been my job, you know? But more than that...it's kind of who I am. But you're not a kid anymore, Sam. I can't keep treating you like one. Maybe I gotta grow up a little too. I don't know if we got a snowball's chance. But...I don know that if anybody can do it, it's you" Dean tells him.

"Thank You" Sam says to his brother.
"If this is what you want...Is this really what you want?" Dean then asks.
Sam takes a breath, "I let him out. I gotta put him back in" Sam says to him.
"Okay. That's it then" Dean says to Sam as they both take a drink from their beer.

Standing in the warehouse, they watch the demons dripping blood, as Castiel finishes closing the jugs. Sam, Calliope, Dean and Castiel leave the building as Sam and Castiel put the jugs in the back of the Impala. Dean and Calliope walk over toward Bobby, "I still can't get used to you at eye level" Dean says to Bobby.

"So was I right?" Bobby asks.
"Yeah, as always Yoda. We got two stunt demons inside, just like you said" Dean tells him.
"Yeah, all the go juice Sammy can drink" Dean says looking over at Sam.
"You okay?" Bobby asks.
"Not really, What do you got?" Dean asks.
"Not much, these look like omens to you two?" Bobby asks showing them some newspaper articles, "Cyclone in Florida, temperature drop in Detroit, wildfires in L.A." he explains.

"What about Detroit?" Dean asks.
"Temp's dropped about 20 degrees, but only in a five-block radius of downtown Motown." Bobby tells him.

"That's the one" Dean says tossing the paper back in the pile, "Devils in Detroit" he tells them.
"Really?" Calliope asks.
"As far as foreboding goes, it's a little light in the loafers. You sure?" Bobby asks.
"Yeah, I'm sure" Dean tells him, as he looks at Sam. They then all pack up and hit the road heading for Detroit.