7- Froze That Way

(Season 5 x 6)

Calliope pulls up to the medical examiners building, and parks her car, reaching into the back she finds her suit jacket and tosses it on, as she grabs her fake FBI badge, then steps out. Sam and Dean get out of the Impala, and catch up to her as they go into the building, heading down toward the morgue. The three of them flip their badges open showing them to the medical examiner that was there, "Agents Jones, Page and Plant, FBI" Calliope tells the man.

"Ma'am, Gentleman what brings you by?" he asks them.
"We need to see Amber Greer's body" Sam says to him as they put their 'badges' away.
"Really? What for?" he asks.
"The police report said something clawed through her skull" Dean says to him.

"You didn't read the autopsy report that I e-mailed out this morning" he says.
"We've been having server issues" Calliope quickly lies, and he buys it as he walks away and they follow him. He goes over to the area that the bodies are kept in and opens one of the doors, sliding the body out. Pulling back the sheet that was covering the girls body the three of them see the side of her face clawed apart.

"When they brought her in, we thought she was attacked by a wolf or something" the coroner says.
"Or something" Dean remarks.
"But we were wrong" the coroner says to them, as he picks up a evidence bag showing them what looks like a press on nail.

"Is that-?" Sam starts to ask.
"It's a press-on nail" the corner explains, "We found it in her temporal lobe" he adds.
"Is that even possible?" Sam asks.
"She did this to herself?" Calliope then asks.
"Uh-huh, she scratched her brains out. It'd take hours and it'd hurt like hell, but, sure, it seems possible" the coroner explains.

"How?" Dean asks.
"Pick your acronym. OCD, PCP, it all spells crazy" the coroner says, as Dean lifts part of the sheet to look at the girls hand seeing the missing nail, "My guess? Some kind of phantom itch. I mean, an extreme case, but—" he continues.

"Phantom itch?" Sam asks.
"Yeah" the coroner says as he puts the sheet back over the girls body and puts her back. "All it takes is someone talking about an itch, or thinking about one, and suddenly you can't stop scratching" he tells them.
"Thanks, Doc" Sam then says to him, as he walks away. Sam, Dean and Calliope look at one another scratching at an odd itch.

The three of them then head to the house, that Amber had been babysitting at, talking to the parents who had found her. As Sam questioned the parents, Dean and Calliope start to take a look around the house, looking for anything that might be out of place. As they walk around they spot a young boy standing in the doorway of another room, "What are you looking at?" he asks them.

"Not really sure yet" Calliope says to him.
"It's uh Jimmy, right?" Dean asks they boy as they walk over to him, and he nods at them, "So Amber was your babysitter?" Dean then asks.
"Yes, sir" the kid replies.
"Yeah, most of my babysitters sucked. Especially Miss Chancey, she only cared about two things: Dynasty and bedtime" Dean says chuckling, and doesn't get a reaction from the boy.

"Jimmy, did you happen to see anything strange that night?" Calliope then asks him.
"No, Ma'am" he says, but she can tell he's keeping something back, "Are you absolutely sure?" she asks.
"I would tell you if I knew something, I promise. A hundred percent, cross my heart" the boys says.
"Well, Jimmy I happen to know you're lying" Dean then says to the boy.
"I'm not" Jimmy quickly says.

Dean then steps closer to the boy, placing a hand on his shoulder, and leaning down, "We gonna start talking truth, or are you, my partner and I gonna take a little trip downtown?" Dean says to the boy, and that seems to get through to him.
"Okay, okay" Jimmy says as he goes and gets something to show them.
"Really Dean, scaring a little kid into confession" Calliope says to him.
"Well, it worked didn't it" he smiles at her as the boy comes back with something, and tells them what he knew.