23- Statues Started Crying

(Season 5 x 20)

Calliope, Sam and Dean had been following ever lead possible on the horsemen Pestilence, they had stopped several times, but the horseman had always been one step ahead. They currently stopped at another town, and entered the hospital in their suits to ask about the flu cases that had spiked in the town. "Hey, check it out. I look like the King of Pop" Dean says to Calliope and Sam who look at him unimpressed. "Too soon? Too soon" he then says.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the CDC is here. But what we really need is vaccine" the doctor that had been leading them through the hospital says to them.
"Well you got that right" Dean remarks as he looks around at all the sick people.
"Tell me, have you noticed anything unusual about the strain. Uh, any signs of behavioral change? Like aggression, maybe?" Sam then asks.

"Excuse me?" the doctor asks.
"Have the flu victims shown any signs of, uh, homicidal tendencies?" Dean then asks.
"Umm, symptomatically speaking...we're looking at a relatively mind case of swine flue here. Probably a miserable week off of work, that's about I" she tells them.

"So nothing unusual" Dean says.
"Well, day and a half ago, we didn't have a single case, now we're looking at over 70. Infectious equivalent of a briefcase bomb. So yeah, I might call that a little unusual" she tells Dean .

"A day and a half" Calliope says looking at Dean and Sam.
"Same time statues started crying" Dean says to her.
"Yep" Sam says.
"I'm sorry, what was that?" the doctor says.
"What was what?" Dean says to her.
"Did you just say a bunch of statues started crying?" the doctor asks him.

"What, no we didn't say that, who would.. only crazy people would say that" Calliope says to her.
"Exactly" Sam quickly says.
"Which we are not" Dean then says.
"No" Sam then says.
"Just get us some vaccine" she says looking at them all confused.

They hit the road once again, getting Bobby on the phone, and put him on speaker, "Let me guess. Another steaming-hot pile of swine flu" he says to them.
"Yep" Dean says to him.

"Doesn't make any sense, Bobby. Pestilence touched down here, I'm sure of it" Sam then says.

"What I don't get is why would he be dealing up the swine flu when he could be using the Croatoan virus?" Calliope asks.
"Doesn't matter what the sick son of a bitch is doing. What matters is this is the fourth town he's hit that we know of. And we're still eating his dust. Did you get anything? We got even a snowball at probable next target" Bobby asks them.

"Uh, no patter we can see" Sam says.
"Okay, hold on" Bobby says as they hear him wheeling around. "Well, as far as I can tell he's still heading east. So head east, I guess" Bobby tells them.

"East?" the three of them all say together.
"Bobby, we're in West Nevada. East is practically all there is" Dean tells him.
"Yeah? Well, you better get to driving" Bobby say as Sam then hangs up the phone.

"Say, I've got an idea" a voice beside Calliope says as she sees a man she has never met before appear beside her. Dean then skids the car to a stop, as Sam reaches around with demon knife and goes to stab the man but he disappears.

"Did you get him?" Dean asks when the car comes to a stop.
"He's gone" Sam says to him.
Just then there is a knock on the car window, "Fancy a fag and a chat?" the man says.

The three of them get out of the car, anger going across the boys faces, "You're upset. We should discuss it. Not here, but-" the man says as he backs away from Sam.
"You wanna talk? After what you did to us" Sam says to him.
"After what I did to you? I gave you the Colt" he says to Sam, and Calliope realizes that this must be the demon Crowley.