24-Boo Hoo

(Season 4 x 21)

Calliope and Dean stood in the den of Bobby's house, Dean starting out the window, his mind a million miles away, not paying much attention to what Bobby had been saying to him or to Calliope.
"Dean...Dean" Bobby repeats trying to bring Dean back into the conversation, "You listen to a word I said?" Bobby then asks him.

"Yeah I heard ya, I'm not calling him" Dean says his back still to them.
"Don't make me get my gun, boy, or use Calliope" Bobby tells him.
Dean then turns back around to look at the two of them, "We are damn near kickoff for Armageddon, don't you think we got bigger fish at the moment" he says.

"I know you're pissed and I'm not making apologies for what he's done, but he's your-" "Blood, he's my blood, is that what you're gonna say" Dean says to Bobby before he could finish his sentence.
"He's your brother, and he's drowning" Bobby says to Dean.
"Bobby, I tried to help him, I did, Calliope can attest to that, and look what ended up happening" Dean tells him.

"So try again, this time you use your mojo better" Bobby practically orders them,.
"It's too late, Bobby, Sam's gone" Calliope tells him.
"There's no such thing" Bobby says to her, not wanting them to give up on Sam.

"No, damn it!" Dean then shouts, "No, we gotta face the facts. Sam never wanted  part of this family, he hated this life growing up. Ran away to Stanford first chance he got. Now it's like déjà vu all over again" Dean says, as Calliope places a hand on his shoulder as he sits down, comforting him,  "Well, I am sick and tired of chasing him. Screw him, he can do what he wants" Dean says to them.
"Dean, you don't really mean that" Calliope says to him.

"Yes, I do, Callie, Bobby. Sam's gone, he's gone. I'm not even sure if he's still my brother anymore. If he ever was" Dean says looking down, and Calliope squeezes his shoulder.  Bobby then turns around, and anger builds inside him, as he then tosses all the books and papers off his desk.
"You stupid, stupid son of a bitch" Bobby shouts as Dean surprising both him and Calliope, causing Dean to stand up, and Calliope grab his arm.

"Well, boohoo, I'm sorry your feelings are hurt, princess. You under the impression that family's supposed to make you feel good, bake you an apple pie, maybe. They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" Bobby shouts at Dean.

"I told him, 'You walk out that door, don't come back' and he walked out anyway, that was his choice" Dean shouts back at Bobby.
"Dean, you know how much of a whiny brat your sounding like right now" Calliope tells him, as he walks away from her. She follows him, taking his hand, "I'm sorry Dean" she apologizies regretting her words right away.

"No, he sounds like his Dad" Bobby then says, "Well, let me tell you something. Your Dad was a coward" Bobby says this and it causes both Dean and Calliope to look at him.
"My dad was a lot of things Bobby, but a coward" Dean says to him.
"He'd rather push Sam away than reach out to him. Well that don't strike me as brave" Bobby says to Dean.