I cleared my throat as I pretend to be looking around. "So, anything interesting about this school?" 

Her face scrunched up. "No, not really. It's pretty normal, I guess. Bad boys, cute boys, nerdy boys -" Reese shrugged, flicking her blonde-hair over her shoulder. "- you know, normal stuffs."

I had a strong tendency to say I didn't know what 'normal stuffs' were, and the fact she hadn't really say anything other than the type of boys around here, but I kept it to myself. "Oh. Nice."

Reese smiled at me. "Don't worry. I am sure you'll be fine," she assured, looking at me, cocking her head to the side. "I know you're scared and all but believe me, there is nothing to be scared of around here,"

I heaved a small sigh, looking down the marble floor. "Yeah, I guess I -"

I stopped walking abruptly when my left shoulder hit something hard, causing me to stumble backwards remotely. I rubbed my shoulder, cursing my inner clumsiness before finally raising my eyes to the 'thing' I'd just hit. 

Well, it wasn't exactly a thing, though. 

It was a human. 

A male human to be precise. 

I let out a gasp and closed my mouth. "Oh my God, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to hit you and it was all my fault!" My voice was muffled and the male human hadn't turned himself to at least look at me. Feeling very guilty, I continued to ramble, "Seriously, though. I'm really sorry. I was walking and I -"

As the boy finally turned himself to look down at me, my mouth clamped shut. It was not because of the intensity of his killer gaze, or because he was the hottest guy I'd seen. But at the fact, his eyes were hidden under a black shades. 

"Watch where you are going next time," he said, his voice was low, firm and was intimidating enough to chase me away from there. "You have eyes, right? So use it properly."

Reese suddenly squeaked, and she yanked my arm. "Oh god. We're really sorry, Riley. She's new here so she doesn't know -" She paused, zipping her mouth shut. "-So-sorry again. We'll just go now. Bye!"

Just like that, Reese pulled me away from there, and we were speeding up as if we were really late to class. I still had my eyes on him, though as we were walking (technically, jogging) ourselves as far as we could from the boy. It was like he was the leader of some sort of a dangerous gang, and no one should ever messed up with him.

I gulped. What if it was true?

When Reese finally stopped jogging, I realized we were far enough from that mysterious boy. Both of us were slightly panting for breath, especially me since any sort of physical activites weren't exactly my strong point. 

"Why are we running away?" I braved up myself to ask the question. I thought I should know if I really did mess with a gang leader who was allowed to wear a shades to school. "Reese?"

She stared at me, and took a couple of moments before she said, "Um, I wouldn't exactly say we were running away from Riley."

"Riley? Is that his name?" I asked dubiously before someting hit me. "Wait, his name sounds familiar."

Reese shrugged. "You'd probably seen his name in the trophy case. He's pretty popular around here,"

I pointed my finger to her face. "Yes! Riley Flynn, isn't it? He's the basketball team captain of this school!" I said in a cheery voice, almost forgetting he could be a leader of a dangerous gang. 

"Was,"

"Sorry?"

She sighed, her shoulders slumping down. "The word is was. Riley was the captain of the basketball team," Reese said, and there was a hint of pityfulness in her eyes. A few moments of silence passed. "He's quit the team about more than a year ago."