Hiding

This one doesn't really need a warning, but character death is implied
-

"HARRY!" he could clearly hear uncle Padfoot yelling for him from his hiding spot behind the skirts of the bed. He giggled and covered his mouth with a small hand, curled into a fist.

Sirius had been stomping around the house and yelling Harry's name for all he was worth. For an hour. How he had not looked under the bed in his own room...

After Sirius had stomped passed the room three more times and looked into the room once more, Harry decided it was time to give himself up. Besides, he was getting bored and hungry.

"Here Pa-foo'" he yelled out through the house and climbed out from under the bed. "Uncle Pa-foo'?" he questioned as he walked into the hall, "where is you? Pa-foo!"

He walked down the hall and rounded the corner into the front room, where he found uncle Padfoot sitting on the floor.

"Uncle Pa-foo?" Harry walked over to him slowly and he raised his head. He was crying.

"Oh Harry," he stood and walked over to Harry, picking him up in his arms. "Are you okay? Nothing broken, I suppose? Oh Harry." he said again, hugging Harry's neck.

Harry, quite puzzled by uncle Padfoot's worriedness, replied "I'm okay Pa-foo'. Really, I am!" He watched as Padfoot pulled back, tears still staining his cheeks. "I'm sorry, uncle Pa-foo. I didn't mean to make you cry. I was just playing..."

"I know, Harry. I know. I didn't mean to scare you."

"Then why were you crying pa-foo?" Harry looked quizzically at his uncle as he laughed and wiped away his tears.

"I thought I'd lost you Harry. That's all. I can't lose anyone else, and I thought I'd lost you too."

Harry grinned great big. "I'm not lost uncle Pa-foo. I was under your bed!"

With another laugh Sirius said "Wait! I looked under my bed!"

"Nu-uh uncle Pa-foo! You looked under the dresser! I'm to big to get under the dresser!"

They both laughed again, Harry still in his uncle Padfoot's arms.