Forbidden Forest Short

The power of the Forbidden Forest radiated off it in waves. Pulsing, not unlike a hearts beat. Many a student and teacher alike had been lost to the dark pull, entranced by the ever awing glamour of the unknown. Almost anyone who had ever come near enough to see the forest had longed to walk beneath the thick foliage, to lounge under the large and ancient trees. Few were brave enough to act on it. And now, as we stood at the edge of the forest, feeling and thinking all this, almost seeing the powers from within, we could have backed down. No one would bring it up. The few of us who knew of it would hope to forget it ever happened. But somewhere deep inside us we heard the whispering of the forest. Some should call it the wind, ever blowing in the trees, but we knew then. We knew of the voices of the forest, how very real and alive they were. Our fear was thick, strong, holding us in place until anyone other than us would step forward first. It would not be any of us, but all of us, if ever at all. This near to it, the power was almost palpable. As if it rolled over our skin like a breeze. It pushed us away and begged us to step closer. Any one of us could have done either, but we did not. The moon was bright and full overhead, and the voices of night animals lulled us. Never had we felt more alive yet closer to absolute death. Never had we been so brave yet so frightened. And never would we step closer to that forest. Not alone and not together.

Some places are better left unexplored.

Harry Potter ShortsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara