The Sisters Black Short

TRIGGER WARNING!!! Character death
-

Never had anyone been closer then the Black sisters. The three girls went everywhere and did everything together. They were totally inseparable, and many who knew them called them Siamese triplets, because they always seemed to be connected, if not by flesh, then by mind. It seemed as though they could read each others thoughts. Not that they needed it really, they had a secret language that no one could decode anyway. And no one had ever loved anyone as much as they loved each other.  But every good thing must come to an end.

If you asked each sister why they were not close, you would get a plethora of answers. Bellatrix would say they were never very close. Narcissa would say they fell apart as they got older. But Andromeda, she was always the closest to telling the truth. She would say they just forgot who they were as they aged. Forgot who each other were.

But in truth, an awful and truly saddening thing happened. And it happens all the time. Just with the sisters Black, it was all the more noticeable. It wasn't a fight or different opinions or anything of the sort. What really happened was an accident. They were out on night, together, or course, when they received news that their fathers illness had worsened and he would die in moment. They left whatever they were doing to see him but by the time they got home, they were too late. By a moment, they had missed his goodbye. Each blamed the others for that. Now, that seems all the awful, but it gets worse.

Bella had wanted to stay out a bit with the excuse that "They're always saying he'll die soon, what's to say this time he actually will?" Quite pathetic, isn't it?

Cissy just assumed he would be fine for a bit, and that one more song couldn't possibly hurt.

And Andromeda? She had wanted to rush the her father at once. She cared so, so deeply about family and couldn't bare to not make it in time, even if it was a false call. Her sisters thought she would leave them but she didn't. She begged them to come along with her, just in case. To see father and tell him they loved him.

It didn't take long, but sometimes seconds matter.

They had closed the front door as he spoke his last words.

"Tell my girls I love them."