Linny Short

"Good morning!" a bright, bubbly voice sounded behind Ginny. As the girl skipped up beside her, she saw the tell-tale white-blonde hair that belonged to Luna. As usual, a large smile plastered on her face.

"I don't see who you could be so happy this early." Ginny griped, her hair not even brushed, just thrown back into a braid that ran down her back. "It should be illegal to be awake before 8."

"I love mornings," Luna said, still skipping, and still smiling her lovely smile. "So full of possibilities." she looked over at Ginny, who was rubbing her eyes, and clearly disgusted by the early morning sunlight streaming through the large windows.

"Well, There is one thing good about it all," a tiny smile playing on her face as she looked to her friend. "Breakfast!" She grinned hugely, causing Luna to burst out laughing.

"Oh-" she broke off, laughing more, Ginny smiling at her, white teeth gleaming. "Oh, my goodness." she caught her breath, breathing slow and deliberately. "I love you."

Ginny knew she meant it as a friend love, but couldn't stop herself from blushing furiously. Luna knew she was bi. Luna caught her eye, and realized what she had done, what she had said.

"Ginny..." before she could finish her apology, Ginny had leaned forward and grabbed the other girls hands.

"I think I love you too. If you're okay with that." She wasn't shy, not with Luna, but she was nervous. Luna, still looking at their hands, nodded.

"Of course that's okay with me. I've always wanted you..." she looked up at a clearly surprised Ginny, and smiled as she pulled her forward, and gently pressed her lips to Ginny's, before pulling away.

Still shocked, Ginny just stood there. "Let's go get breakfast," Luna said, pulling her down the hall, still holding one hand with in hers.

"You expect me to eat after that!" she called at Luna, and laughed.