Chapter 24: "I Think I Might Like This Place."

~Angelique~

I finished moving the last few of my boxes into my small apartment that I had just finished putting a down payment on. Tomorrow I'd work on getting everything unpacked and move ahead from there.

I couldn't stop thinking about what happened with Kyjuan and Symphony. I was the reason. I must admit, deep in my gut I could feel it coming but the excitement kept me going. It was one of the things I knew turned him on. I just...didn't intend for it all to unfold the way that it did. It was wrong from the start.

It was about 6:30pm. I took a long shower and dressed into some grey cotton shorts, a white tank top and white footies. I moisturized my partially damp hair, brushed it out, and put it in a messy bun. I made a bowl of popcorn and began watching television in my box filled living room and going through my phone. Shortly after, I began applying for local jobs. There was a knock on the door. It was odd, I hadn't been expecting anyone.

"Hello! We saw you had just moved your things in. My name is Lillian, and this is my husband William, my son Braden, and my daughter Naomi. We're the Greene's." The woman said with a smile. She was gorgeous. She was about my height, had long deep orange hair and green eyes and pale skin. She was very thin but curvy and had the perfect mom smile. She wore a tan and slightly loose tank top, light blue jeans, and tan wedge heals.

"Hello, I'm Angelique. Pleasure to meet you all." I smiled back. "I'm sorry I wasn't prepared to have anyone over, my house is a mess and so am I." I added nervously. I noticed their son staring at my chest. I cursed to myself for not having worn a bra. He looked away when he noticed I saw him.

"That's perfectly fine hun. Please, take this." She said, handing me a foil covered dish. "It's meatloaf. Everyone loves it."

"Thanks, beats me cooking tonight." I chuckled.

"Well, it was great seeing you. Maybe we can talk sometime. When are you free?"

"Well tomorrow will be occupied with the plans of getting this place to look like a home. The day after, just lollygagging and getting familiar and more in order with the new town. We could meet up then if you'd like."

"That'll be perfect. I'm right across the way. Pleasure meeting you again Angelique." She smiled with a small wave. Everyone gave their farewells and left.

*24 Hours Later*

The place finally looked like a home. Everything was so clean and organized, and I even went out and bought lawn and patio furniture and a new cat. She was a white Persian cat, and I named her Amber because of her eyes. She was a small, sweet, and fluffy ball of love. I had also began smoking cigarettes. I was actually smoking one right now in my yard on my lawn chair.

The sun was almost all the way down and the sky displayed a beautiful orange, pink, and light blue color. I relaxed with shades on and an oversized white t-shirt. My hair had been straightened and I wore white flip flops. I had a screwdriver on the nearby table.

"Those are bad for you you know." A male voice said. I took my shades off and looked around. Sweet muscular molasses....

Near the sidewalk stood a tall muscular man who looked so delicious I could take a bite out of him like my own personal chocolate candy bar. His har was dark and curly, tangled and wet from the looks of it. It was grown past his shoulders. His white t shirt was wet as well.

 His white t shirt was wet as well

"A lot of things are bad for me." I replied so it wouldn't seem like I was just staring.

"Fair." He chuckled, exposing his perfect white teeth. Holy fuck, this man was beautiful. "What's your name?" He began to walk toward me.

"Angelique. You?" I responded.

"Devon. I live 4 doors down. You must be new here." He said, taking the seat next to me. I took a swig of my drink and nodded. "Well it's a pleasure to meet you."

"And you as well. So tell me, why are you drenched on such a nice day?"

"I just finished jogging. I tend to sweat a lot."

"Oh I see." I said awkwardly.

"Yep. What brings you here? You all alone?"

"Yeah. I tend to fuck up a lot and drive people away so...here I am." I smirked.

"You and me both. I just got out of a relationship with my son's mother myself. There was love but it just ended up being moreso force than love in trying to be together."

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Were you married?" I asked.

"Yeah. Divorce just finalized last week."

"Oh I know that feeling." I mumbled. "Your son, how old is he?"

"17. His name is Myles. Do you have any kids?" He asked.

"Yeah, I have a daughter. Her name is Donna, she's 19. Her brother's name is Trenton, he's the same age." I replied.

"Twins huh?"

"No it's a um...a long story. Her father got me and another girl pregnant around the same time a long time ago after we broke up for the first time."

"Didn't seem too long to me." He said. I looked at him and we both chuckled. "Hopefully they can meet one day. Myles is such a homebody."

"Better than him being into trouble, look at it that way." I shrugged. He nodded.

"You working anywhere?" He asked.

"Yes I'm actually working at the downtown pharmacy."

"Interesting, I work downtown too. I'm surprised you haven't seen me yet. I own the bistro around the corner from your pharmacy."

"Seriously?" My eyes widened. What were the chances?

"Yep. Handed down from my father. It's quite a piece of work sometimes."

"Yeah I'd bet, that's a lot of work."

"Oh deary it is. But I have to get going now Angelique. It was great meeting you." He smiled and extended his hand for me to shake, to which I accepted. He went back to finish his jog.

I think I might like this place.