Chapter 22: "An Interest?"

~Donna~

*2 weeks later*

"Just a veggie wrap and an orange juice please." I ordered up at tropical smoothie with Skylar. We both had about an hour or two before our next class. We went to our table and waited for our order to be called for us to pick up. I stuck my nose into my Astronomy textbook.

"Fucking bullshit." Skylar scoffed, dropping her phone to the table and rolling her eyes.

"I know right? You should really be studying." I yawned. When i wasn't in class or at a party or extracurricular event, my face was usually in a book.

"How can I study when every time I try to open myself up it ends up being a mistake." She rolled her eyes. I looked at her curiously. She sighed. "Derik."

"What happened now?" I asked. They had only been together for almost 3 weeks now, and it was like every other day there was an issue.

"I guess the girls around him are getting to his head. I'm done with him he's too much of a magnet."

"A magnet for what, girls?"

"Yes, and he does nothing to repel or shake them off." She rolled her eyes. "It sucks, I thought I really liked him. But I mean hey, everyone can't have everything going perfectly for them like you."

"I wouldn't say perfect." I snickered. She sighed as our order was called. I put my textbook to the side and brought it back to our table. "C'mon cheer up Skylar there are plenty of fish in the sea. There's no need to get down in the dumps over a ladies' man." I said, taking a big bite of my wrap.

"Yeah...I guess you're right." She said. "So, what has been going on with the whole Alphas shindig?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Honestly, I haven't really given it much thought still. I'm not sure if I want to be a part of a group of stuck up bitches just yet." I shrugged.

"It'd look really good on your record." She said in a sing songy way. I made a face at her.

"Well what a surprise." A familiar male voice said from behind me. I looked, and Taylor walked in with Derik and Winston. I made a fake happy face, Skylar rolled her eyes and pretended to be busy on her phone.

"You took the words right out of my mouth baby, what a nice surprise." I said to Taylor and hugged and kissed him as he sat by me. Derik sat by Skylar and Winston pulled a chair from another table to the end of ours.

"How cute everyone is so boo'd up." He scoffed. He always wore a hoodie no matter what. Today it was an all black Aeropostale hoodie halfway pulled over his messy hair. Taylor continued to kiss my cheek and Skylar ignored Derik as he sat there uncomfortably.

"So, how has Trenton been?" Winston chuckled.

"Well I'm doing fine Winston thank you for asking. Trent has been doing fine also." I said sarcastically. "Why the laugh?" I asked as Taylor began to laugh.

"Trent is a ladies man but dammit it's so funny when he starts to have an interest in someone." He said.

"An interest?"

"The finest piece of ass on campus. Too bad she's too into me though." Winston cockily said.

"Why do you guys feel the need to tell me what he's up to? We talk all the time, I don't have to know everything." I rolled my eyes.

"Speak of the devil." Winston said while staring out of the window, eyes following a moving set of figures. The Alpha women were entering the restaurant. Do they always have to travel in a group? "Victoria!" He shouted. She was the shortest one of the group with her naturally chocolate brown curly hair straightened and trimmed. She wore a black form fitted crop top, blue jean shorts, and white flip flops. Her finger and toenails were each painted perfectly in the shade of white and she wore dark brown shades. She looked in our direction.

"What, dork?" She sighed, putting her purse in her other hand as they all walked over.

"You're looking mighty nice. Come sit on daddy's lap. Let me know if you get poked." He chuckled. Taylor laughed. She rolled her eyes and sat in the nearest chair as the rest of the girls did the same. Lisa kept making eyes at Derik.

"Donna! Quite a surprise seeing you here." She smiled at me.

"I could say the same to you." I replied.

"Walk with me?" She said. I awkwardly looked toward Skylar then back to Victoria and nodded. Taylor got up so I could move. Victoria and I began to walk out the store and headed back toward campus and walked along the path there. The orange hued sunset was bright. There were students still walking around campus and some even relaxing on the grass.

"I haven't heard back from you, have you thought about my proposal?" She asked. Straight to the point.

"Yes and no if you would like me to be honest."

"Well, it's time to update our roster so we'll need an answer. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Nobody passes us up."

"Have you asked anyone else?"

"A few, yes. Almost our entire team is about to be replaced, they just don't know it yet. They've been slacking for far too long. The only ones that are remaining are Daiza and Lisa. And of course myself." She said in a boring manner. "What are you scared of Donna? Other than ruling this campus and making a name for yourself?" She squinted. Being seen as a snobby uppity cunt, I thought.

"Nothing, I just really needed to review my decision before i was final about it that's all." I said with a straight face.

"And?" She said. Fuck.

"Sure." I shrugged. She grinned.

"Perfect. We have a meeting tomorrow at 5pm and you will be filled in on everything you need to know." She said as we walked by a bench. She sat down and patted the space beside her so I could sit with her. "Now since we're linked in our sorority, I HAVE to get this off of my chest." She said. My eyebrows raised a bit. "I....might be crushing on your brother a little bit." Ummmm....

"Ok." I said. "He likes you too."

"I can tell." She began to die laughing.

"Why are you telling me this though?"

"I just thought it could be our first heart to heart." She smiled.