Chapter 23: "I Guess I'll Catch You."

~Trenton~

*the same afternoon*

"I'll catch you guys later." I smirked as I left the commons area of the campus where the team sat and hung out at after practice. I put my headphones in and walked to my dorm.

Since Wendy and I met she wouldn't stop making passes at me. Her hands would linger on me, one day in class doing group work she rested her hand on the middle of my pants. But it was to the point where I couldn't get Victoria out of my mind. Every time I shut my eyes I saw her. She was just so beautiful...I still haven't gotten the chance to really have a normal conversation with her. We always either saw each other in passing or just so happened to see each other at an event or a place. Every time I say something to her I feel like I'm going to shit myself. Fuck her for making me feel that way.....well fucking her sounds quite nice....

"Hey Trent." Victoria said as she saw me walking. I pulled my headphone out of my ear and gave an awkward smile.

"H--hey." I said. Awkward silence.

"Odd seeing you here. I was just talking to Donna a second ago. Good news, she wants to be in our sorority. How are you today?" She said, giving a small smile. Gosh she is so pretty.

"G--great. Fantastic. You?" I stuttered. Fuck, get it together Trent.

"I'm alright, thank you for asking. Hey uh...I know this is odd but...can i give you my number? I....." The rest of what she was saying trailed off as she went in her purse and grabbed a sticky note and pencil and scribbled down her number and handed it to me. I was so lost in her presence. I couldn't believe she was talking to me instead of blowing me off.

".....so shoot me a text alright?" She finished. I nodded.

"Y--yeah. Definitely." I said and smiled, dumbfounded. Another awkward silence.

"Well I have to go on my evening jog right about now so...I'll catch you later?"

"Yeah." I said. "Bye." She smiled and went on her way. I exhaled. What the fuck did she just do to me???

My phone buzzed. I unlocked it and there was a message from Wendy from class.

Wendy: Hey, any plans for the evening?

Me: No, just chillin

Wendy: Meet me?

Me: Okay where?

Wendy: I'll give you a hint. Where everything is hot and steamy, 24/7 no attention no meaning

I furrowed my eyebrows. Hot and steamy...what was hot and steamy around me? I looked around. Bingo, the 24/7 coffee shop. I headed there.

Me: Coffee in the afternoon?

Wendy: To drink? No not exactly😈

I put my phone in my pocket and went into the shop. No sign of her. I went to the counter.