Chapter 14: "Uh.. d--done."

°The Same Evening°
~Kiara~

I giggled as I sat on Ruby's lap in the living room at my coworker Patrick's ridiculous joke. I threw a work get together/potluck event at our place in celebration of the new restaurant promo almost everywhere in town and in almost all magazines, creation of our own commercials, and the large profit increase this month.
Patrick was the funniest, flamboyant, skinny and shortest little guy I've ever met. Everything about him was clean and orderly. He had straight brown hair, tanned skin, green eyes, and a short but fit and toned type of build. I met his boyfriend Christopher on one occasion when they both came to the restaurant on a date. He was a blonde with hazel eyes and pale skin. They were so cute together.
We all sat in the living room and mingled and sipped drinks. Not before long I was pretty hot and tipst. and Ruby continuously helped me from falling. We played card games, chatted, watched movies, and just jammed to music for a while until about midnight. By 10pm, I was completely wasted.
My vision was doubled and I just kept smiling and dancing to the music. It seemed like time flew the entire night, and in no time Ruby was helping me into my pajamas, brushing my hair back into a ponytail, and tucking me into bed followed by her doing the same for herself before getting in with me.
"Oh baby? Can you set an alarm on my phone for 9am tomorrow morning?"
"Yeah." She said slowly, unlocking my phone. "Uh.. d--done." She said hesitantly before sitting our phones on the nightstand.
"Mm thank you baby." I mumbled as she wrapped her arms around my torso.