Chapter 40: "It's Time You Knew The Truth."

*Trenton*

3:37am

My phone rang repeatedly. It was almost completely dark in my dorm. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, pulling my thick comforter back. I was nothing but a pair of boxers.

I reached over and took my phone off of the charger and saw that Donna wa calling. Her calling me at this hour was out of the ordinary.

"Donna what's up?" I asked sleepily.

"Trent get to Dad now! No time to explain get there please!" She shouted, hyperventilating. I furrowed my eyebrows as the call dropped. I jumped up and threw a hoodie and sweatpants on. I grabbed my keys and stuffed my phone and wallet in my pocket.

I pulled out of the parking lot quickly, making the tires screech and I sped to Aunt Kiara's house where Dad was. I didn't know how much I could take within such a small time frame.

When I pulled up, there were police cars all outside of the house. I didn't even bother turning the car off, I pulled in and practically jumped out of the car. My heart was racing. I saw Dad, good he's okay. I saw Skylar and her mom, Angelique, Donna, Kyle, Diamond, all distraught as they stood together by 2 policemen. I approached them.

"Thank God you're here." Donna came up and hugged me.

"What's going on?" I asked quickly. Donna broke out in tears again.

"Kalani...she's missing." She said sadly. My heart dropped.

"Missing? What the hell do you mean missing?" I became infuriated. I turned to Dad and the police.

"What the fuck." I said flatly.

"Trent we're doing everything we can. I don't know how this happened." Dad said.

"What did happen?"

"I put her to bed like usual. Locked up the house. Had a glass of wine and got ready for bed. I woke up to a loud bang and went to search the house but found nothing out of the ordinary. Something told me to go check on her and I did, and she wasn't there. We looked everywhere and couldn't find her. I don't know where she'd be or who'd want to take her." He replied. I sighed, trying to subside my anger. I looked to the yard where forensic scientists were looking around the house. I walked away to get some air. This was all too much.

I called Victoria.

"Hello?" Her sleepy voice answered.

"Hey babe, I'm sorry to wake you." I said.

"What's wrong? Where are you?" She asked.

"I'm at my aunt's. Police are here, my little sister is missing."

"What?!" She said loudly. "Send me the address, I'm coming." She hung up. I chuckled and sent her my aunt's address. She was here in no time.

"Trent!" She called for me as she came up to hug me. "Any new information?"

"No. They have people out on a search and a forensic crew looking around the house trying to find some kind of clue." I replied. She wrapped her arm around me and rested her head on my shoulder. "I don't get it. Who would want to take Kalani?"