Chapter 20: "I Gotta Go Now!"

~Kiara~

"Kyjuan please slow down and just breathe." I begged. He had called me, panicking and hyperventilating. "Look, I'll come get you okay? We'll talk about everything. I'm really worried so get you some clothes and things ready I want you to stay here for a night or two." I said. He shakily agreed, then hung up the phone.
My hands shook as I put my phone down. All I knew was that something had happened with him and Symphony, I couldn't understand too much of what he was saying. I took deep breaths and headed upstairs to the bedroom. I grabbed my keys, not realizing my hands were still shaking. Ruby had been in bed on the laptop, writing.
"Hey, is everything okay?" She called out with a worried expression.
"Yeah, I--I just have to--" I began before fidgeting with everything in a panicking manner. She got out of bed and grabbed my hands.
"Kiara what is going on?" She calmly asked me.
"It's Kyjuan, something is wrong and I have to go get him." I sighed. "He didn't sound normal on the phone and Ruby I'm so scared," I sighed, squeezing her hands.
"Kyjuan? Okay, well... just please be careful driving and I'll be here to help in whatever way I can, alright?" She reassured me. I nodded and slowed down my breathing.
"I will be right back." I said, making sure I looked decent. I wore my hair down with a beige turtleneck, white jeans and beige boots. I left the room and eventually the house.
When I pulled into his driveway, I immediately got the most depressed vibe I've ever felt. I got out and went to knock on his door.
He opened the door, his head hanging to the side slightly. He opened the door more as if to invite me in. I walked in, heart thumping. The living room had been trashed, holes were in the walls, and it was completely silent in the house.
"Kyjuan... what's going on?" I asked softly, gripping my jacket tight around my body.
"I messed up everything. Shall we grab my things?" He asked plainly, leaving before recieving an answer. He shortly emerged with a duffel bag and directly walked to the car. My anxiety rose, and I was a bit frightened.
I went back into the car and started it as his gaze fixated straight into the distance and froze. A few minutes after being on the road, i broke the silence.
"So... what's going on?" I asked again.
"She's gone... I messed up. I always mess up." He plainly said.
"Symphony left? Why?" I asked, confused.
"We had Angelique stay with us for a couple of weeks because her ex was beating her, and.. I don't know." He said quietly.
"Don't tell me Angelique ruined it all." I rolled my eyes.
"Not just her... us." He mumbled. My heart dropped.
"You mean you...?" I trailed off. His eyes watered as he nodded. I was completely shocked. With the amount of love I've seen Kyjuan have for Symphony during their whole lives, I did not see that coming. "But I don't understand, why?"
"I... I don't know, Kiara." He replied. "I messed up." His voice shook again. My heart broke into a million pieces.
We pulled into the driveway of my house and he followed me with his things to my door as I unlocked and opened it.
"We have an extra room upstairs, first room on the left. Are you hungry?" I asked.
"No not really, thank you though." He said.
"Okay. Well get you some rest and clear your mind, okay?"
"I will. But first... would you happen to want to have a drink with me?" He asked.
"Of course. I'll meet you upstairs." I nodded. He turned and went upstairs. I grabbed a cup of water just to sit and process what was happening. Afterward, I grabbed a bottle of wine, 2 glasses, and went up to his room.
"I believe I had a service request?" I said while coming into the room. He laid across the bed staring at the ceiling with his bag on the floor beside him. I tapped his leg and sat next to him. "This bottle has our names written all over it." I said, tapping the bottle. I sat the glasses on the night stand and filled them with wine, giving one to him and holding the other in my hand. He sat up and recieved it.
"I really do appreciate you sis." He said.
"Of course. Here's to mistakes and shining through our imperfections." I said as we clinked the glasses together and began drinking.
"I just don't understand what came over me. I can't believe I did this to her." He said sadly, downing the rest of his wine and quickly pouring another cup.
"Everyone makes mistakes for starters, Kyjuan. I'm not saying anything was right. You just cannot beat yourself up too much... please. I know how you are over her. Promise me you won't get too down into the dumps. And you know what I mean." I said seriously to him and drank more wine. He hesitantly nodded and promised. We began to drink more and more, conversating about everything. Ruby came in and shared one glass of wine with us to see how we were doing, then left out of respect.
Pretty soon, we were drunk and had emptied every drop of the wine bottle and were laughing our asses off.
"I'm pretty sure I have to get a start on dinner, what time is it?" I asked, slurring my words.
"Its--its 7:03." He replied and laid back onto the bed.
"Yeah. I should."
"I'm gonna just take a nap. I feel sooo much better." Kyjuan mumbled.
"You do that. I'll see you whenever you wake up." I said, getting up and stumbling away from the bed. I went downstairs and grabbed a drink of Vodka from the cabinet. I leaned against the countertops and downed drink after drink. I began to feel a familiar mix of emotions. A mix of emotions that came from a recent problem that I knew I was sinking into. My phone vibrated.