Chapter 6: "When Will You Understand?!"

~Angelique~
°2 Weeks Later, Sunday°

I sighed and pulled in with my car into the driveway from work and turned the ignition off. Today was entirely too long.
I walked into the house, with of course, Brian on the couch in his tank top and boxers eating a large bag of chips and playing PlayStation while on the phone.
I dropped my purse on the coffee table and turned the TV off.
"Let me call you back bro." He said into the phone. He clicked it off. "Babe, what the hell?" He put his hand on his forehead.
"Are you trying to lose your job or something? It's been two weeks since you've been to work. I have to act like I don't know why because boss and coworker relationships aren't allowed."
"I took my vacation time." He groaned.
"I know. That was the week before these last two." I rolled my eyes.
"I'll go, don't worry." He said, annoyed.
"When? Tomorrow? Next month? When, Brian?"
"Whenever I go Angelique." He said firmly.
"So you really expect me to be the only one slaving away in this fucking house while you sit on your ass for a month? I don't think so." I scoffed. "You're getting a bit too comfortable, Brian. You've lost sight of all of your priorities."
"Have I?" He said sarcastically.
"I wouldn't be saying it if you hadn't." I replied back sarcastically. He sucked his teeth.
"Look. I'm an adult and I'll make decisions for myself, okay? I already have a mother so I don't need you trying to fill her shoes. Just continue being the sweet and cute money making woman you are and let me be."
"Let you be? Why don't you just man the hell up already!" I yelled. He chuckled. "Nothing is funny. If I wanted to live with a child I'd call my daughter up."
"Call her up. We could have some fun, she's nice." He smirked. My heart rate quickened.
"What the fuck did you just say?"
"Nothing, babe. Look. If you want to call Donna, be my guest. More fun for me. If you want to sit here and continue to bitch and complain, have fun with that because I'm not sitting here to listen." He said aggressively. My teeth gritted. Comparing what he'd said about my daughter as opposed to me, I was more upset about what he said about her. My fists clenched and my emotions became uncontrollable. I then charged at him and began to hit and scratch him in his face. He pushed me off and I hit the floor. Hitting it hard made my side hurt.
"Don't you ever talk about my daughter that way!" I screeched. He was angry now. I looked closer at his eyes. "Why are your eyes so red? And your pupils are so dialated?"
"Don't worry about it." He scoffed.
"Are you taking something?!" I asked in disbelief.
"That's my business now isn't it?!" He yelled and pulled his hand back as if to hit me. I whimpered and covered my face. He paused and took deep breaths, lowering his hand.
"I'd like to be alone. Thanks." He said and sat back on the couch. I quickly stormed off into my room, shutting the door.
My eyes stung as I got undressed and tears poured down my face as I ran a hot shower in the bathroom. My side began to turn red and get darker. Why had he become like this? Was it me? Was whatever he taking making him not go to work since they drug test monthly? I sighed and cried in the shower.
When I got out, I wrapped a towel around me and my hair and went into the room.
"Um... I thought you wanted to be alone." I asked softly. Brian laid on the bed in just his boxers.
"I did but... I kind of got a little issue." He said, using his eyes to point toward the center of his boxers as he said 'issue'. I scoffed.
"You're fucking unbelievable." I sarcastically chuckled.
"No... you're unbelievable. Especially under that towel." He said, and began staring at my legs. "Why don't you drop it for me?"
"Brian, get the fuck away. Please. I'm not in the mood." I put my hands on my hips.
"I am." He said and stood up, walking toward me.
"Well I'm not! Now get away, I need some space!" I raised my voice. He grabbed my hand but I aggressively pulled it back. "Stop it." I said firmly.
"Stop acting like this, you know you want to. That's how you became so attentive to me in the first place, right?" He said.
"That was before you turned into whatever this is. Don't touch me."
"Oh please. Poor Angelique fucks her boss while she's married, for almost a year. Then continues to be with her boss after the divorce, but doesn't want anything more. Boo hoo. I hold your job in my hands, did you forget that?" He smugly said. I breathed harder out of anger. "Of course not, silly girl. Now you give me what I need or your job and self image goes out of the window. Understand?"
"I don't care. I don't want you, Brian!" I screamed in his face. He smirked.
"Hm. Well that's just too bad, huh?" He said. He then grabbed me suddenly and ripped my towels off.
"Stop it!" I screamed. He grabbed me firmly and pushed me to the floor, making my side hurt more. He laid on top of me and snatched my hair with one hand and choking me extremely hard with the other. I coughed and gasped for air.
I continued to try and squirm from under him but he kept me in place.
"Stop moving!" He shouted. I cried and continued to try and get him off. He forced himself inside me, pain flowing throughout my body. I screamed.
"Please, Brian stop!" I cried. He back handed me.
"When will you understand?! You. Are. Mine!" He shouted.
"No I'm not! Stop!" I cried. I felt my face burning and tears continuously flowing down ny face.
"Stop that hideous crying you stupid bitch! Stop moving and just take it!" He pinned me down by my neck and began to punch my body. I screamed in agonizing pain. He turned me over and forcefully punched me in the jaw, then in the stomach multiple times.
"Stop, please!" I screamed and cried. I was in so much pain, I could barely move anymore.
"Shut up!" He shouted and punched me in the nose. I screamed and held my face. My body was weak.
He used this time to take advantage of me, pinning me down way too hard just in case I decided to move again. I laid there crying as he used me while I felt blood oozing from my nose. There was also blood coming from somewhere inside my mouth and also from my lip that was now busted.
He used me continuously for his enjoyment while I cried helplessly, bleeding and beaten on the floor.
"Can't move now can you? Stupid bitch." He spat. Between my legs writhed in pain.
He gripped my legs hard, hurting them as he continued to tear the insides of me. Minutes seemed like hours up until he was done.
He pulled out and came on my body, putting his clothes back on and grabbing the keys to his car. He left me there, lying on the floor. I cried with my face in the carpet until he left.
I got up, every move hurting me. I groaned in pain and went into the bathroom. I looked in the mirror, frightened by my reflection. My body shook in terror. My hair was a mess, my jaw was swollen, my lip was busted, and my nose had a cut over it with blood around it. There were bruises and blood on my face. The bruise on my side had gotten worse, along with added bruises across my ribs and stomach. My thighs were bruised in the shape of his finger prints. I felt something drip on my thigh. When I looked, my vagina was torn and bleeding. I rinsed it out, even though it hurt. I carefully cleaned the blood from my face, but it was no use. It kept coming out.
I gave up and just quickly threw sweat pants, a hoodie, and slides on and put my hair in a messy bun. I continued to cry as I looked for my keys. I had to go to him.

************************************

I rang the doorbell, still crying. Nobody answered. I wondered if he had already saw me pulling in and just didn't want to be bothered with me, because Kyjuan's car was in the driveway. I sighed and ringing the doorbell again and waiting a few more minutes. My eyes stung more when nobody came to the door. I began to walk back to the car.
As I unlocked the door, I heard the door open. I looked back and saw him.
"Ang.. elique...?" He said slowly, squinting at me. Man, how I missed his mere presence. I quickly walked to the doorway.
"H-hey, I needed t--t--"
"What happened to your face?!" He asked, scowling.
"I... Brian." I began bawling all over again. He exhaled deeply, already knowing what I meant. He pulled me into a hug.
"Come on, come inside." He said, letting me in. Another one of the things I loved about him. No matter what, if he could help anybody in any way regardless of history, he would.
I sat on the couch with my face in my hands. He went out of the living room and returned with tissues, alcohol, peroxide, and cotton swabs and began to clean my face.
"Now tell me, what's going on?" He questioned as he wiped my tears off with the tissues.
"Brian he... he's been different."
"Well I can see that." Kyjuan said.
"He hasn't been to work in a month *sniff*, and I've been the only one supporting. All he's been doing is sitting at home playing video games and eating everything while I'm busting my ass every single day supporting the both of us. So, I get home from work and tell him basically that he needs to get his shit together. One thing led to another and he pushed me down.... " I said, lifting my hoodie to show him the bruise on my side.
"Oh, geez Ang...." He whispered. He looked at it with sadness in his eyes. I pulled it back down. He continued to clean my face up.
"He then said he wantedto be alone so I go upstairs and take a quick shower because I planned on just leaving, but when I get out he's there on the bed and... and.... he forced himself on me and when I told him no, that's when he started to beat me!" I began crying all over again. He stopped.
"He...he raped you?" He asked softly. I nodded and burried my face into my hands again. "Oh my gosh...." He said and pulled me into a hug. I cried on him for a good while. "Shh it's gonna be okay." He said lowly. I missed this part of him so much.
"What... the fuck?!" A voice said as the front door opened. I looked over and Symphony stood, staring at us angrily.
"Babe, look can we talk for a second?" Kyjuan asked.
"About what?! Why is she here? Donna stays at her college, therefore she has no reason to be here." She stood with her hands on her hips. Kyjuan let go of me and went to grab her hands. I rolled my eyes.
"Baby. We have to talk. There's a reason she's here but I need you to listen, okay? Come on let's go talk in the room." He said while interlocking his hand with hers. They went toward the back of the house. After about 20 minutes, they came back out. Symphony had more of an eased expression.
"I'm gonna grab you some ice, okay?" She said and went into the kitchen, returning with ice in a bag. "I'm sorry I came in like that... are you okay?"
"I'm fine." I said flatly. She nodded slightly and left the living room.
"It's alright. She's just... not too fond of you specifically being here but it's not in our nature to throw out someone who needs help. We have an extra room, it's already set up and everything. Do you need me to go with you to get your clothes?" He asked.
"Tomorrow." I nodded. He nodded in return. He grabbed the things he used to clean my face and threw away the used cotton swabs.
"Well... make yourself at home until you get ready to get back out into the world, okay?" He said.
"Y--yeah... alright." I nodded. He left the living room too.
I went to look for the extra bedroom, and turns out there were two. The one that caught my eye had a beautiful queen sized bed and decor. I sat on the bed and felt the soft sheets. I laid back carefully, still feeling pain. Before I knew it, I dozed off.