Chapter 16: "Well, Just Don't Take Too Long..."

~Donna~
°Saturday, The Next Day°
11:17pm

I laid in my bed on my phone as Skylar and I watched movies and ate popcorn in our dorm room. We both sat on our phones as a not so scary horror movie played.
Skylar laid on her stomach on her royal purple sheets in light blue pajama cotton shorts and a white tank top. Her hair was damp and resting on her shoulders. It was damp because she'd gotten out of the shower about 30 minutes ago after I got out. I laid on my light pink sheets laying on my back with a small pillow on my chest. I wore one of Taylor's t shirts, panties and socks with my light brown wavy hair in a messy bun. I looked over to her grinning at her phone and tapping her feet on the comforter.
"Uh, is there a new guy I don't know about?" I chuckled.
"Hm?" She asked, looking at me with wide eyes.
"You heard me." I giggled.
"Okay I did. And yes, his name is Derik. Rodgers, I believe." She said, squinting while trying to remember.
"The football player?" I asked.
"Yeah." She said.
"Oh, Sky! That's great, he's one of Taylor's best friends. Maybe we can all go out one night." I said happily.
"Yeah, that sounds nice!" She grinned.
"So how long have you guys been going out?"
"Oh we're not together. Yet." She smirked. "We're just talking. We met each other at the book store and we ended up talking and exchanging numbers. The reason I say yet is because there's obvious attraction. He's really sweet and he's...really fucking hot." She chuckled.
"Oooh okay Sky." I chuckled as my phone vibrated. I looked at the text that showed at the top of my screen. It was from an unknown number.

***-***-**** : Meet behind library in 10.

"The fuck?" I squinted. I suddenly got another message from the same number.

***-***-**** : If this is not Donna Davis' number, refer the message.

"Okay," I said in a creeped out manner. Who would want me to meet them behind the library at this hour? "Hey Sky, does this number sound familiar?" I asked, proceeding to read the number out loud. She shook her head.
"No, why?" She asked.
"Because they texted me. I have no idea who it is and they're just saying meet me behind the library in ten minutes." I replied.
"What? That's weird."
"I know, right?... Should I go?" I asked timidly.
"Excuse me? No!" Skylar looked at me sideways.
"Why though? I mean beside the fact that I could get killed or whatever but think about it. It has to be someone on campus for sure. Plus, I'm so curious. It's a boring Friday night with no fun, drama, parties, mystery, nothing." I rolled my eyes and exhaled dramatically.
"Well Donna, all I can tell you is I wouldn't. But you're also an adult that is capable of making their own decisions." She said then got back to texting. I nodded and began to get dressed.
I put on casual light blue jeans, black low top Vans, and a black crop top. I brushed through my hair, letting it fall on my shoulders. I also did my makeup lightly. Just an eyebrows touch up, powder, mascara, and chap stick. I sprayed on perfume and grabbed my phone, sticking it in my back pocket.
"I'll come back alive!" I said to Skylar before walking out of the dorm room. She replied with a frustrated sigh. I continued on to the 5 minute walk and quietly walked undetected behind the building of the library which held a field of grass and benches.
When I got there, it was very quiet. I began to get creeped out. I texted the number back.

Me: I'm here.

I put my phone back into my pocket and paid close attention to my surroundings. I then heard twigs break behind me. I turned quickly.
"Hello?" I called, squinting. Shadows emerged, 7 of them to be exact. They all approached me and lined in front of me side by side with each other. They wore black hoodies, black pants, and black shoes. My heart thumped faster. They began to remove their hoods. All of the 7 female Alphas stood before me. I exhaled deeply.
"Shit, you guys scared the hell out of me!" I rolled my eyes and clutched my chest. "So, who texted me? And what's with the cult introduction and formation?"
"Glad we could finally speak, Donna. I'm the one who texted you." Victoria, the ring leader, began as she stepped forward from them and began to pace. "It's a bit of a serious matter."
"What is it?" I asked.
"Well, let me introduce to you to everyone first, no need to rush. I'm Victoria Drake, obviously. Captain." She said somewhat snobby like. I chuckled a bit. She pointed to the girl next to her, a brown skinned, mid heighted girl with cherry red extensions. "Daiza Philips, Co-captain." She pointed to the next, who was a fair skinned girl with long black hair. She looked Korean, but mixed with another ethnicity. "And the last five are regular team members. Lisa," She continued to name off everyone. "Then there's Megan, Ashley and Raine."
The each gave a slight nod as a greet when their names were called. I gave a small smile back and waved timidly in response.
"A pleasure to meet you all." I said.
"Let's cut to the chase." Victoria rolled her eyes. "We want you to be an Alpha." I squinted.
"Out of every girl on campus, me? Why?" I cluelessly asked.
"Well, the Alphas need another member to fill the last position for starters, and we've done our research on you Miss Donna."
"Okay, I'm flattered but you guys are really coming off as creeps right now." I said, kind of nervously.
"Oh hush darling it was only screening for a new candidate." Daiza chuckled.
"Follow me." Victoria suddenly said, and everyone followed. I lingered behind the group but followed as well.
We walked through the commons and went behind the library building toward some tall bushes that lined the perimeter of the property.
"Are you serious?" I rolled my eyes as they pushed through the bushes. They all shushed me and leaded me through the bushes.
We then set foot on the property of a cabin like building, but very well put together. We went inside and Victoria turned the lights on, revealing the beautiful layout of the cabin.
"Woah, what is this place?" I asked, looking at the matching furniture and  knit tan rugs and matching curtains.
"You'll find out sooner or later. Sit." Victoria said as she motioned for me to sit on the couch. She stood and the rest of the girls sat down as well. "You're a freshman with a 4.0 GPA. Allegedly, you're the top of your classes in performing arts. You're very gorgeous, and you don't necessarily have a bad rep. Any rep at that. We want you to join Alpha Epsilon Pi." She explained. I squinted.
"And what do you guys achieve, exactly?" I chuckled.
"Well other than being the top tier of the life on campus, we open more goals, career choices, and we give a higher quality of college experience rather than the average student life." Victoria replied with a smirk.
"And by a higher experience you mean?"
"I guess you'd have to wait and see." Daiza interjected following chuckles from everyone. I pressed my lips together.
"I see." I said and stood. "Well. Thank you guys for getting me out of the room tonight and taking me through this rundown. I'll get back to you guys." I shrugged and walked toward the door. The girls looked at each other in a bit of an astounded way.
"Well," Victoria smirked. "Just don't talk too long deciding kiddo. We you around." I nodded and left, making my way back to my dorm.
On the way, I began to think... what was that really all about? Out of literal no where, the Alphas wanted me to join their little alliance? What was that all about? I couldn't wait to tell Skylar... something didn't seem too right.