Chapter 41: Make Your Own Happiness

Chapter 41

*Donna*

4:12am

°2 Days Later°

"Wake up. Donna, wake up." Winston's soft voice said to me as he gently shook my shoulder to. My eyes fluttered open as I yawned, then rubbed my eyes and sat up.

"What's going on?" I said sleepily. He placed his hand on my thigh that was covered by a thick blanket. His father let us sleep in his old room after all that had happened.

"I'm...I'm just sorry that this happened to you. It really doesn't sit right with me. I can't...think. I can't sleep. I don't feel like me knowing I wasn't there for you."

"Minus the accent Winston, you sound like my father right now." I replied, sighing and playing with my nails. "Want to get high?" I asked. He shrugged. Since everything that had happened, I didn't want to feel. I didn't want to feel anything because that would let more hurt creep in. I took 12 showers in the past 2 days to get that gross feeling off of me...to erase the memories of him off of me. I don't know how much it helped.

He snorted a line then I snorted a line, exhaling slowly, sinking into ecstacy. I began to roll a joint and shortly after, the room was smoky and we laid against each other in our underwear. My hair was in a messy bun and Winston wore his boxers as he played with my hair.

"What is in that pretty head of yours?" Winston mumbled, staring into my eyes. I sighed, my limbs feeling a thousand pounds each as I put the joint out.

"Nothing really." I shrugged. "At this very moment, nothing. And I want to keep it that way." I smiled. He took his finger from my hair and let it run down my cheek as I rested my palm on his hand. He sat up and let his hand continue down my arm as he stared at me. My heart rate slightly increased as he stared at my lips, licking his lightly then biting them. My lips parted slightly as he paused when he was just millimeters from touching his lips to mine. I could feel his warm breath every time he exhaled. I glanced at his lips then back up to his eyes as he instantly tightened his grip around my arm. He slowly pressed his soft, plump lips against mine. Shortly after, I parted my lips to kiss him more passionately. He placed his other hand in my opposite hand, running his fingers up my forearm then onto my thigh and finally resting on my hip. He pulled away gently.

"No wait," I whispered, tugging him back by the collar of his shirt.

"Donna wait. Are you okay with this so soon? Are you going to leave? Hate me?" He asked. "I can't stop thinking about it and it's driving me bloody mad."

"Leave? I mean...only if you ask me to. And I...I think I'm ready. I know you won't hurt me, and the way you touch me I feel will erase the scars." I replied.

"I'll never ask you to leave." He said aggressively. "Never...you'll stand by me forever." He added more softly. "I'll stand by you."

"I'm pretty sure I can manage that." I smirked.

"I'm just...surprised you still want me around after not being there for you. It really fucking..." He began and got visibly angry. I put my palm on his cheek and looked him in the eyes. He sighed and relaxed. "It really bothers me that I wasn't there, Donna." He said calmly.