Chapter Five: Medicals & May Watanabe

Start from the beginning

"But you don't want to do it?" Matilda questioned him again.

"I have no choice. I was roped in because of my father- I mean, James." Braedey corrected. "To begin with, it's not something that comes to me naturally."

"Braedey, tell me. What is really happening?" Matilda asked him.

Braedey finally snapped, his eyes narrowed and his blue eyes looking like they've gone a shade darker, as he stood up suddenly. "I don't know!" He snapped, now flipping the table over, to Matilda's shock. "I don't know what is going on, and why I keep blacking out! I can't figure out why I do it, or why I have no memory of anything that happens!" He then kicked the door next to him open. "I'll be somewhere in the base to try and cool off if you even need me!" With that, he stormed out of the room, leaving Matilda rather surprised and shaken.

(End Flashback)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"...And after that, nothing else." Matilda sighed to herself. "I guess he's just keeping himself away from me after what I said."

"If you want, I can try and talk to him." Dr. Ritsuko offered to Matilda.

"No, no. I'll do it myself." Matilda shook her head. "I was the one who caused this, so it's my responsibility to take."

"Well, if you want an answer of sorts to a few of your questions, this is what Maya and myself have found in the brainwave activity and heart-rate monitors." We. Ritsuko handed the papers over to Matilda to take a look at them.

Matilda took a look at the graphs. She looked and saw Braedey's heart-rate was up to 180 BPM, with anxiety levels at a big high, as well as palpitations. However, as she eyed the papers, to her shock and surprise, she saw Braedey's BPM went from 180 BPM straight down to 60 BPM in literally 1.2 seconds. Next, brainwave activity had gone down, like he's fallen asleep. Anxiety levels went to zero.

"Whoa." Matilda muttered.

"And look here." Dr. Ritsuko pointed over on a portion of the brainwave, where Matilda could see the small gap in-between the two wavelengths. "For what could be a fraction of a millisecond here, it seems that all activity in his brain just stops, then it continues afterward." She said.

"I guess there must be something within Braedey's head that's causing the blackouts he has." Matilda commented.

"I'll think of something to see if we can try, something that can try and possibly nullify the mental effects of the blackouts." Den Ritsuko stood up, a folder with her hand, and she vegan to make her way out of the room, leaving Matilda to be lost in thought.

~*~*~

A little later, Dr. Ritsuko was on a mobile conveyor belt with Command James alongside her, as well as Amy, who simply just stood behind the two adults with a neutral expression on her face.

"The Third Rookie is going to go through some new trials tomorrow." Dr. Ritsuko said to James. "Possibly to try and reduce the effects of the mental blackouts. We just hope it works."

"Then we'll reconfigure Jaeger 0-1's system for Amy." James spoke out harshly.

Dr. Ritsuko was taken aback by this. "But..."

"Regardless of the results of Jaeger 0-0's reactivation experiments, we'll move on to experimenting with Jaeger 0-1." James ordered at once, while Dr. Ritsuko looked back to Amy. "According to the Organisation's report, the Fourth Rookie hasn't been found yet."

"That means we can't get any pilot replacements?" Dr. Ritsuko asked, then she sighed to herself. "Yes, sir." She then got a message on her phone, so she opted to take a look. "Sir. Jaeger Unit 0-3 is ready for deployment from Greenland to arrive here at the base." She informed to James.