Chapter Three: Uncertainty & New Home

ابدأ من البداية

"Oh, really." Matilda sounded rather unconvinced by this, eyeing her friend with narrowed eyes.

"That's right, because it was so sudden... It's no wonder. A severe burden was imposed on his cranial nerves." Dr. Ritsuko commented to herself, cupping her chin in thought.

"I think you mean the mind." Matilda countered. She then saw they were now approaching the hospital that Braedey was staring at, the truck stopping. "I'll get off here and see how he's doing. I'm sure he's a little shaken." She said, getting out of the truck.

"Right. I'll take care of things while you're away." Ritsuko nodded, as the truck and convoy drove away. With that, Matilda looked to the hospital, and she began to make her way inside.

~*~*~
(About 2-3 hours ago...)

Braedey's eyes snapped open, as he looked to what could be a white ceiling. He breathed out a sigh he didn't realise he was holding onto. He realised that he was no longer in the Conn-Pod of Jaeger Prime. He sat up slowly, seeing that he wasn't in his Drivesuit either; he was in a hospital gown, and his clothes were in a seat nearby the bed.

"I'm... I'm inside of the hospital?" Braedey asked to himself in surprise. "But... what happened to the Jaeger? And was the Demon defeated? What in the world happened?"

After a few minutes, and getting himself cleaned up and checked over by the doctors, Braedey got back into his regular clothing, and he was now on his feet. However, his mind was lost in thought of the events from last night, memories feeling vague and fuzzy from what had happened.

'Did... what did happen to me?' Braedey thought to himself, both his hands gripping the sides of his head. 'I don't seem to remember...'

Eventually, Matilda found Braedey down in the waiting room, relief on her face when she found him. Braedey, however, he seems to have an expression of confusion and loss. Matilda simply gave a nod and smile to him, and the two head back to SHIELD HQ, so they could talk about Braedey's living accommodations since he'll now be working for SHIELD.

"Alone?" Matilda asked in surprise to the supervisor, her and Braedey standing before a man in a black suit.

"Yes, his room is located in Block 6, over there. Any problems?" The supervisor asked to Matilda.

"No, Sir." Matilda acknowledged, then she turned to Braedey. "Are you satisfied with it, Braedey?"

"I'm alright with it. All places are the same." Braedey shrugged. "Besides, I've been alone for some time."

However, Matilda didn't seem to be satisfied with this. She gave a look of concern, then she had an idea that came to mind. So, she made a phone call.

"What?!" Dr. Ritsuko asked to Matilda, after the two had left the office once they had finished up with some business in the office.

"As I said, I've decided to take charge of Braedey." Matilda replied casually. "I've got my superior's approval. Don't worry. I won't have an affair with a child."

"That goes without saying!" Ritsuko yelled over the phone, Matilda having to hold the phone away from her ear. "What the hell are you thinking?!"

"As always, she can't understand a joke." Matilda sighed to herself. She looked to Braedey, and she nodded her head to him.

After that, Braedey and Matilda had left the base, heading up towards the surface. They soon drove over to the shops, picking up some drinks and food. While they did so, Braedey could hear some whispering from people saying that they'll be leaving Manhattan, and he heard talk about the fight that happened between the Jaeger and Demon, which caused some damage.