Thirty Two

They had come back from their 4 day trip to Budapest, just an hour ago. They had a seemingly good time except for the occasions where they remembered the job offer. Jughead had dropped Betty home and then went back to his father's place. He needed to talk to someone who would know the best possible solution. He was greeted by a big hug when he entered the house by his father as they exchanged a few words. He went up to his room to unpack and then decided to have the talk. On the other hand, Betty went straight to her bedroom without saying a word, worrying everybody including Veronica and Kevin who were present to welcome her back. She placed her suitcase down as tears started to form in her eyes. Before they could fall, she wiped them out, just in time for the three to rush in. Archie, Veronica and Kevin were standing in front of her with a visible worried expression on their faces.

The came and sat on Betty's bed as Veronica started the conversation," So...Betty, how was the trip?"

" It was good.", Betty responded flatly unpacking her suitcase.

" Just good...?", Veronica pried

" Yup. We had a lot of fun..it was nice...good."

Ally he three of them could notice that Betty wasn't telling them something. They looked at each other remembering what happened the last time Betty kept something to herself. She kept to herself and cried everytime she was alone. She barely ate anything and was always locked up in her room barely speaking to anybody. That lasted for a month for some reason the three didn't know about. Slowly she started eating and talking a little and she didn't cry as much...yet she wasn't the same Betty.

They didn't want a repeat of that so Archie asked," Anything you want to tell us?"

Betty's head shot up from her suitcase in surprise as she asked," Why...what do you know?"

" We know nothing except for the fact that you are hiding something.", said Kevin.

" Look, I am not hiding anything!", exclaimed Betty in frustration.

" Betty....", Veronica said warningly.

Betty knew that they wouldn't leave it alone, especially Veronica so she decided to tell them.

" Jughead got his dream job offer back at New York.", she suddenly said shocking them all.

The three looked at each other knowing that this was pretty bad. Kevin said," Oh well... congratulations to him I guess..."

Veronica shot him a glare telling him that it was a wrong response to that. She then said," Did you guys decide on what to do?"

" Well we said we could try long distance...but I don't know. I want him to take the job because it's his dream...something he had before he met me."

Veronica nodded at that knowing that the single Jughead used to value his mom, sister and career more than anything. She also thought about the time she and Archie tried long distance.

*Flashback*
~In Paris~

Veronica had just come home from her first day of her course work in Paris. She changed into her home pajamas and greeted her roommate Joaquin a 'bonsoir'. She laid down on her bed and facetimed Archie. It was currently 8 in the evening in Paris and 2 in the after noon in Riverdale. (I took Riverdale's time as New York's time)

" Hey baby.", said Veronica.

" Hey!", Archie responded.

"So what are you doing right now?"

"Just had lunch half an hour ago. What about you?"

" Just came home."

(They talk about more stuff couples talk about I guess...idk)

During their talk, suddenly Joaquin walked behind Veronica to get something from the bathroom. Archie saw that and asked," Who's that behind you?"

She looked back and came to realization that she hasn't introduced them to each other. She motioned for Joaquin to come.

" Joaquin this is my boyfriend Archie and Archie this is my roommate Joaquin."

Archie said a simple hello as Joaquin had to go somewhere. He then asked Veronica," Seriously... your roommate is a guy?"

" Archiekins, it doesn't matter. Let's talk about something else."

Then over the next couple of days Veronica and Joaquin hanged out a lot together. He introduced her to his friends and she posted a lot of photos of the hanging out.
Sitting in Riverdale, Archie would get jealous of their relationship. One thing Veronica had forgot to mention was that her roommate was gay so that created a lot of confusion. In the end things were fine but they did have a lot of fights due to this issue.

*End of flashback*

Reminiscing on that part of her relationship she knew Betty and Jughead's relationship as in trouble if Jughead took the job.